FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't access .TK domains

php_wizard_l33t
Hey guys, do any of you know why I can't access .TK domains? http://www.dot.tk/ I cant access, and I cant access anything else with a .TK domain but anyone else can.

I am running a Linksys router and I am on a cable broadband connection if that has anything to do with it. Please help!

*EDIT* I am able to access it only if I go through a proxy server on Firefox.
Monkeydog
I don't know...mabye its your browser or there is a filter?
Could be the router tho...
tidruG
Can't help you with this, but I'm moving the thread to Computer problems and support. Best of luck with your problem.
orno
maybe its an ISP enabled blacklist

ask your cable company too
techcheetah
.tk domain redirection is reputed service...i guess there may be some local problem..
billgertz
you can check for your DNS.. or try to use proxy server..
darrell
it is at http://www0.dot.tk/index.html
WWWBEN
Don't Waste your time with DOTK it is a joke man. Get another domain extension
Dustwars9
Try plugging your modem directly to your computer. If you can then access dot tk then it is a security thing. If it is your router then you probably type http://192.168.1.1/ in your browser. If you didn't change your user name and password, leave the username blank and your password should be admin. Look around the security features and find why it blocks ".tk". It could be also a firewall on your computer.
picsite
Are you sure there are no restrictions on your IE or firefox. However, like you said it might just be the proxy that is giving you trouble.
ollandjeugd
Hey,

I think you are behind a firewall. Because .tk domains are normally always available. Go to your Internet Options so you can remove the Firewall

Succes,
hicham
What operating system are you running? Because Windows has many problems with accessing dot-tk domains.
ani-nightmare
I also got that problem.
MonkeyWrench
it could be a problem with your internet connection or your internet security. dot tk domains are a bit dodgy with visiting, sometimes they just dont load up, so i suggest u dont use dot tk and buy a domain or something for 2.50 a year.
gonzo
the TK TLD is notoriuos for siezing control of "domains". I suggest you switch to the free actual-domain services of afraid.org
wildboinga
May be your IP address is on the black list of .tk company and you are restricted. That's why you can see that website only when you use a proxy.