FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash/Actionscript.

uuuuuu
Hi,
I'm one of those guys who likes to ask questions without reading the manual first.
So don't trouble yourself over answering this question unless you're a very helpful person, because I will probably be doing reading on wikipedia as you're reading this.
But, my thing is, I want to start doing some very small animation with flash/actionscript.
I don't know anything about how to host it, is a flash animation as simple as an image?
Do I just link to the .sfw file from my html, etc?
Can anybody point me to some awesome flash resources?
Thanks a million.
I would like to start with just a simple hello world animation or something like that.

Love,

Uwe
wylieconlon
Ah, I remember my first animation! It's not quite easy to embed a .swf file into a webpage, but it's not all that hard either. The easiest way is to go to publish your file as a webpage (under the File menu), which will take care of placing it in the page for you. If you know HTML, you should be able to code the page around the file, and if you don't... I suggest w3schools.com, which has very helpful tutorials for all programming languages. The steps for publishing can be found here.

Hope that helped!