FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cPanel

taitj
is there an open source type of program much like cPanel? It is a great and easy program. Just not sure if someone has tried to develop one yet.
swizzy
i never expected this to come under web hosting support forum,

well there are many WHM and other panel scripts, some may be open source.

why do you need it anyways?
taitj
I was just curious, as I have never come across anything other than cPanel so it seemed strange I couldnt find any through script searches and stuff. I find sometimes the open source scripts are better so wanted to play around with some of them. Thanks for you info!
rvec
yes there are some, but you need your own server for it to work. There is also a project by someone from frihost to create an installation program (like fantastico) for some forums and cms's everyone can use on his webhosting (also frihost).

http://www.ispconfig.org/ is a free hosting control panel
taitj
Awesome! Thanks! I have my own server, but it is Windows based, and use Lighty and PHP. I have been having issues getting Perl/CGI to work, so just playing around with different options. I am having issues getting PHP-CGI to work even thought I have my PHP.ini commented to accept cgi. Dont know if I need a certain cgi-bin directory or not.

I use virtual hosts, and have a few domains, so I want Perl interpreted no matter what directory the cgi is in. I like playing with different scripts and CMS programs. More of a hobby and always learning something new. That is why I like frihost, it has one panel to manage everything.

Cheers!
Handyman
if you are runing your own server HERE is a great list of all of the available control panels for windows, BSD and linux.
taitj
Hey, thanks for the link! Those are awesome. Quite a selection. Should keep me busy for a while, thats for sure!
taitj
Thank you for the list of WHM's that is a great source. I have been playing around with the various apps.