FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Graphic Site!!

melissareich
Well I was first hosted by FriHost... which is EXCELLENT. My URL was charmroyal.frih.net.

However, I just bought a domain so my new URL is

http://www.charmroyal.com

Please give feedback on it... if you have any suggestions; I would prefer people who know a lot about HTML/PHP or coding... please let me know if I have serious coding issues! Others that aren't so good with that, please let me know how you think it looks Very Happy

Thanks!
the6thfactor
I love the header image, great work on that. Looks like a nice site overall, keep up the good work Smile
melissareich
Thank you! I'm working on a new one soon... hopefully everyone will like the new one too Very Happy
Hobbit
Great website. I suggest you put the google search bar someone higher though. And you did a smart move by using photobucket to host your images. The only problem I find is that you should tag your images, because there's plenty of people who steal images.

The only thing I would change is "hey there welcome to..." text. It's kinda hard to read. Other than that it's great, now just do some SEO and you'll be making money in now time. Smile
benjad
site overall looks awesome (for a girls site... Rolling Eyes ).

I would argue that your content is suitable for all audiences, and so to make it a little more gender neutral, but it works for you...

One issue, some php code is escaping from the pre-processor... the served pages all start

Code:
if (isset($subtitle)) {
   echo $subtitle;}

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html lang="en">"

Check for unopened <?php statements. It's in the header on every page...
melissareich
Hobbit - Thanks for the comments! I usually don't tag my graphics because I think it ruins it... most people don't like using stuff with it all marked up! I understand how I'm probably losing visitors from it, but I don't find it neccessary. Also, I might consider putting the search bar before the tagboard... not sure though! Smile I'm trying to learn some SEO stuff... it's kind of confusing!

benjad - Hahahah, sorry it doesn't really appeal to guys! I am trying to make it more for everyone, it will look better once I get into making layout themes without "girly" colors... Anyway I didn't finish adding the subtitle thing to each page. I learned how to have custom titles on http://www.tutorialtastic.co.uk/tutorial/customising_your_page_title. When I browse through my site, that code appears to come up first before the content... I'm not sure why. Maybe look at the tutorial and tell me if those methods are correct?

Thanks for the comments guys! Very Happy
Hunterseaker
the overall look is great, tho please dump those adds on the side, I know you want to make some profit. Tho those smileys etc are just really annoying.
The header looks cool too, tho it is a bit "busy" header on the left....
melissareich
You mean the one on the very far right side? Wink

I don't know which is better... text ads or image ads? Sad
melissareich
I changed the design of my website. Does anyone have anymore suggestions?!

Please and thanks!
sambhav
This is a very attractive design. But a bit childish. Anyways I liked it a lot.
melissareich
Thanks!

The aim of my design is towards child/teens... so I guess I have accomplished that Smile
irishmark
i really like the design - great fresh pop look and feel. Fatastic although would get dated easily.
FernandoRB
What΄s? This site look Spam how Free Smiles or thinks yet. A lot of colors and a simples style but I like your Idea for website, you website have a good potential!
melissareich
^ That was a Google ad Wink

Anyway thanks for the replies Smile