FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Did anyone know that a majority of what we eat is poison??

taytay
I'm talking about High Fructose Corn Syrup... Its in nearly anything and everything you can buy in a package or can! It's massively produced to replace sugar, because it's cheaper for companies to buy... But what is it? A disgusting Goop that's what!

Source = http://www.westonaprice.org/motherlinda/cornsyrup.html

It's mostly the last 5 paragraphs you'll want to read.

Big on eating healthy? You might want to look at restricting other things than Carbohydrate's or Fat...[/url]
coreymanshack
taytay wrote:
I'm talking about High Fructose Corn Syrup... Its in nearly anything and everything you can buy in a package or can! It's massively produced to replace sugar, because it's cheaper for companies to buy... But what is it? A disgusting Goop that's what!

Source = http://www.westonaprice.org/motherlinda/cornsyrup.html

It's mostly the last 5 paragraphs you'll want to read.

Big on eating healthy? You might want to look at restricting other things than Carbohydrate's or Fat...[/url]

I read the whole thing, and it just doesn't seem like this is a bad thing. Those rats were fed HIGH amounts of each fructose and glucose. We don't eat THAT much corn syrup in relation to our body mass. Those studies were probably done by feeding the rats 400% of their mass in fructose and glucose. I'd like to see you eat that much of those sugars. Much less eat that much from the foods you get. EACH day.
taytay
If you think about it though; Consuming it over time could have an effect on us.

Kind of like smoking. If one non-smoking person suddenly decides to smoke 10 packs of cigarette's in one day, no doubt they're going to make themselves Very sick. But even if one person would smoke One pack a week or more, Over a long period of time they damage they're bodies, and the smoking alters they're facial appearance even. And in many cases long term smoking resuls in death.

I'm not implying that High Fructose Corn Syrup is going to kill us... But if it has such devastating effects on rats, What does the stuff do to Our bodies over time?

Quote:
"but every cell in the body can metabolize glucose. However, all fructose must be metabolized in the liver. The livers of the rats on the high fructose diet looked like the livers of alcoholics, plugged with fat and cirrhotic." - Dr. Field (same web source)

That sounds sickening enough... lol.
coeus
People are living longer and healthier then ever in todays age of "poisons" Smile
patasarriba
coeus wrote:
People are living longer and healthier then ever in todays age of "poisons" Smile

This is true, but it's not due to the "poisons" themselves, much less high fructose corn syrup of all things! It's due to advances in medicine and changes in lifestyle. (And of course, thousands of children still die each day of starvation or malnutrition while people in rich countries grow nutritious corn only to process it into crap and waste nearly all of its nutritional value!)
coeus
I didn't mean it was DUE to the poisons, just that even though we are apparently eating tons of poisons, we are still doing fine.

patasarriba wrote:
(And of course, thousands of children still die each day of starvation or malnutrition while people in rich countries grow nutritious corn only to process it into crap and waste nearly all of its nutritional value!)

lol, way to just toss that in there. (p.s. birth control)
driftingfe3s
Yeah its true. A lot of what we eat to day are mad made and cannot be digested properly by the human digestive system. That's why people gain so much weight when they eat all this processed, convenient, junk and fast food.

If you want to be really healty or loose weight you have to eat real, whole, naturally foods.