FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vodafone Internet Connect Box (ICB) - How to stop log file?

infinisa
Hello All

I have this great piece of hardware called a Vodafone Internet Connect Box (ICB) (actually, the manufacturer is Huawei) which plugs into a USB port of my portable computer and gives me a (theoretically!) 3.6 Mbps Internet link using mobile phone technology, so I can use the Internet anywhere I have access to the Vodafone Mobile Network (using 3G/UMTS). This was great during my summer holidays.

The only problem is that whenever I use this device it rapidly produces a huge log file (I mean several MB's per day!) called vpclog.txt.

Does anyone out there know how to stop the log file being produced?

Thanks.
SonLight
Hi, I googled for: Vodafone Internet Connect Box Huawei, and guess what? Most of the pages are in Portuguese, which I can't read, I added "log files" to the query, which helped me to get more English language sites. The first site listed was:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/archive/index.php/t-67163.html

where a user describes the same problem:

Quote:
pieteroo 28-08-2007, 07:50 AM I am seeing high I/O activity when using my E220. The resource monitor shows 3 log files are being updated, Callbalktrace.log, Functrace.log and Throwbacktrace. This I/O is definitely slowing down the machine and browsing. I have looked everywhere on the Fastlink GUI, but can't find a place to switch it off, or to decrease the level. Anybody out there experiencing the same? Thank you PO

Although I didn't find an answer, I hope this might point you in the right direction. If you speak Portuguese, a creative choice of search terms might find a lot more relevant web pages.
infinisa
Hi folks

Thanks for your help. I did a bit of Googling myself and came up with a solution on the forum post http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?p=1163198

All I had to do was use regedit to go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vodafone\VMCLite, then change "use_logging" from 1 to 0.

So that's one less problem to worry about.