FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

C&C, anyone?

edzofcit
My all time favorite game is Command and Conquer Generals(Zero Hour: Reborn). This is a strategic game. It starts by commanding your army, defeating other armies. Its main force is divided into three, namely, China, US and GLA(terrorists).

It's so fun to play because with these games, you can come up with different strategies and can really give your brain a twist.

My strategy for this game is defense first, then attack later. I'm more of a defensive person. Razz

Have you played this game? It's fun. Wink
Ducksteina
Oh yeah, sure i played c&c.
My first c&c was Red Alert, after that Generals(+Zero Hour) and at the moment im playing c&c Tiberium Wars.
My personal strategy?... Rushing the enemy base at the beginning of the game. It's very simple, quick, and your enemy is (hopefully) not prepared for this.
After a while all his recources are gone are you are the boss^^!
ForceRun
All the Command and Conquer games are a lot of fun. C&C 3 T Wars is the latest and greatest, and it a lot of fun. There is an expansion coming out some time for C&C 3, so keep an eye out for it. Also if your are new to C&C or have yet to be introduced, try out the C&C The First Decade with has all the older games up to generals, all on one DVD all patched to work on the latest OS (Vista), for one resonable price. I have played all the C&C from the orginal, just never got into Dune ones. Oh and the orginal C&C is a free DL off of File planet right now. So get it while you can.
jugalm9
The only C&C game i ever tried was C&C:Renegade.
Nutteloos
My biggest regret with this series is that it changed too much over time. With most games change is a good thing but here... in the earlier games you could play one game for hours on end, but with Generals and the latest one you're basically forced to end things quickly. Plus, you can have your base up and running with the most advanced buildings in under 15 minutes which is kind of ridiculous.
eletromaio
great game generals(+zero hour)!!!! Razz
mattchun
If I don't get it wrong, it's a game about eight or ten year's ago. Yes, it's a great game at that time, it dominated my and my friends life at that time. But it can't be an all-time-great game because the upgrade of these hardware and software around us. How can it compete with Warcraft? No way, you know why.
wabik90
Ohh, I love C&C games. First I've ever played was Red Alert. I love C&C Red Alert series. I've spend thousands hours playing Red Alert 2. It is very good game! I've also played first C&C game(i don't remember the title:P). And few months ago I played the newest C&C game C&C 3 Tiberium Wars and I have to say it's good Smile
Nutteloos
mattchun wrote:
If I don't get it wrong, it's a game about eight or ten year's ago. Yes, it's a great game at that time, it dominated my and my friends life at that time. But it can't be an all-time-great game because the upgrade of these hardware and software around us. How can it compete with Warcraft? No way, you know why.

It's not just a game, it's a whole series of them. You mean you've only played the original and never heard of Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, etc?
JBotAlan
I've not played any of the new ones, just Red Alert and Tiberian Sun. Those were awesome games...I spent hours years ago on my direct cable connection (my computers were linked with a parallel (!!!) cable instead of modern network cards) with my brother playing. Good times...I wonder how Tiberian Sun runs under XP...

JBot
MYP415
its fun, especially when you play friends... I haven't played it in a while though
Nutteloos
JBotAlan wrote:
I've not played any of the new ones, just Red Alert and Tiberian Sun. Those were awesome games...I spent hours years ago on my direct cable connection (my computers were linked with a parallel (!!!) cable instead of modern network cards) with my brother playing. Good times...I wonder how Tiberian Sun runs under XP...

JBot

As far as I know, Tiberian Sun (and Red Alert 2, too) runs just fine under XP.

And yeah, I recall doing pretty much the same here with the LAN. Never did get it working properly though... until a year ago we bought a wireless modem. Best purchase ever. Wink
ExplicitRyan
C&C is the best strategy game.
I really liked Generals, and I liked downloading modules for it to make the units, tanks and etc look better.
cosmicx
I tried few versions of C&C and it is really worth of playing...
the most recent version, C&C 3 is nice too.. Cool
Satori
I LOVE command and conquer. One of the great RTS games out there. Red Alert was my favorite, but I haven't played any of the newer ones. I actually have recently acquired the box set, so I'm set with games for a while! I'm interested to see where the series went after Red Alert...now I just need to find the time to play them all Smile The only one I'm missing is the newest, Command and Conquer 3. The graphics look pretty sweet and I'm sure if it's anything like the older games, it'll be a pretty sweet game. After I beat all the older ones, I'll have to look into getting C&C 3.
Patriot Players
quote="Ducksteina"]Oh yeah, sure i played c&c.
My first c&c was Red Alert, after that Generals(+Zero Hour) and at the moment im playing c&c Tiberium Wars.
My personal strategy?... Rushing the enemy base at the beginning of the game. It's very simple, quick, and your enemy is (hopefully) not prepared for this.
After a while all his recources are gone are you are the boss^^![/quote]

My first CnC was red alert as well. In RA I never really went in for the rush strategy. I would generally build huge walls of tesla coils and watch as the enemy was smashed against them. In th emean time I would build an army of mammoth tanks to destroy the enemy when the time was right.
Nutteloos
You had to love deploying multiple batteries of artillery as base defense and the enemy getting himself killed before even getting withing shooting range... Smile
greatfire
Tiberian Sun...
BEST GAME EVER
achowles
I've got the First Decade so that's all of them save for C&C3 which I found unimpressive to be honest.

I had Red Alert 2 plus some of the earlier ones that don't work with XP so it was a good buy. Especially seeing as Generals + Zero Hour alone would have cost me the same.

I tried a demo of C&C3 and it didn't really do anything for me. It just felt like a rehash of the original with some of the gameplay enhancements brought in by Generals. But only some. It was like a step backwards in a genre that has overtaken the C&C franchise.

My personal favourites are Tiberian Sun and Generals/Zero Hour. I like the TS style but I have to admit that the gameplay improvements that Generals introduced make for some great moments. Having the previously rare Yuri's Revenge is a bonus, but I find that one almost too crazy. Despite having completed RA2 with both factions, Yuri's Revenge just kind of threw me.
traxion
the more C&C games are made the worse they get

the 1st few of the serie where good and fun to play

the latstest are crap, from generals..

it doesnt have the area from the old one..

maybe its EA who makes the game crappy it dont now
QrafTee
I like the CC series, but I favor some of the new ones over the classics. I like the Generals series the best in gameplay because it's very fast-paced, but I like the storyline in the Red Alert series the best.

The CC series is known for their "tacky" video clips and medium-paced gameplay and that's good and all, but fast-paced is so much more fun (for me). I do wish the Generals series had a better storyline though.
Nutteloos
That's one of the (albeit few) good things about Tiberium Wars: the return of the good old movie sequences. That was one of the biggest flaws in Generals, in my opinion.
Pikokola
C&C are good, but C&C3 : tiberian wars are ... almost suck... I think it's suck because no super unit available ^^

If i'm not mistaken, C&C Tiberian sun had Mammoth MK-2 and Cyborg commando or something like that
C&C : Red alerts & Yuri's revenge give 2 super unit for every "race", Tanya, Prime Yuri, cyborg commando, and another one (I forgot... ^^) Moreover there's some "Hidden super unit" like Chrono Legionaire etc

and since General, I think there's almost no super unit. Overlord tank are suck when there's Jarmen kal, GLA's Jarmen kal can be killed easyly with USA sniper, very easy, China's black lotus... spotted, and die ¬_¬...

and I don't think there's special unit in C&C:3 tiberian wars (even on kine's side or kine's what...)
they just special because you only could buy 1... (mothership for example.. which actually useless... just a HP tank but had very slow movement speed (even tough the attack are good, but what's good if you can't get closer to the target))

and one of the worst thing that started since C&C general is... Skill delay.
I prefer C&C:red alert 2 than warcraft 3 because there's no skill delay... just shoot, shoot, and shoot. and now, in c&C:General you had cast time for capturing enemies building which turn out to be sold before captured ¬_¬ and the black lotus hacking skill it's good, but the delay is annoying...
Coclus
ne of the best strategy games every, a lot of fun with other people, or LAN party. I like Empire Earth too, which is really old..
hofodomo01
i remember playing command and conquer (the original) on super low resolution dos mode. man, THOSE were the days.

go go grenadiers! and then all explode and die...
medievalman26
I love the C&C games I have all but one of them.
Insanity
I used to play it a long, long time ago when I was in elementary school, or around that age. I got addicted to it (the original one), but then I grew out of it when I ran into Warcraft. I lost all my old discs but I found a bundle of used ones for a really cheap price on eBay. Ah, the memories.
dirkvb
I'm still playing c&c from time to time. It has got it own special way of gameplay.

Also whit the americans you've got a special man who is unvisible and he can plant lots of bombs. The best of the whole game.

But last time I don't have got a lot time to play, school is getting me.
jtayl153
love CNC

I've only got CNC 3 Tiberium Wars

Awsome game
amysanders
i only own comander and conquer red alert 2 and renagade
enygmasoft
I feel in love with command and conquer since part 1. It was a great strategy game by all the stretches of imagination. Far better eye candy and more friendly gui made every sequel for enjoyable than the previous. Good times were had by all.