FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

"Sticky Keys"/Language changing

zanzou
A lot of the time, when I'm typing, the language I'm using will change (in this case from US--> Canadian French (or Canadian Multilingual Standard) without me wanting it to.

I'm wondering what keys you would hit to change your selected language if you WANTED to do it (so I can try to avoid it) and/or how to turn that option off.

This has happened on both XP and Vista (my current OS). On XP, I discovered it was called sticky keys... somehow. The name has stuck.
mOrpheuS
zanzou wrote:
A lot of the time, when I'm typing, the language I'm using will change (in this case from US--> Canadian French (or Canadian Multilingual Standard) without me wanting it to.

I'm wondering what keys you would hit to change your selected language if you WANTED to do it (so I can try to avoid it) and/or how to turn that option off.

This has happened on both XP and Vista (my current OS). On XP, I discovered it was called sticky keys... somehow. The name has stuck.

On Vista-
Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Keboards and Languages -> Change keyboards (Opens the Text Services and Input Languages dialog) -> Advanced Key Settings

Sticky Keys is a accessibility feature. It's meant to make the keyboard behave as if the "Shift" key were constantly being held down, without actually having to do it.
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with switching keyboard layouts.

There are some more hotkey combinations that you may find annoying at times - in the accesibility options in Control Panel. You may want to disable them while you are at it. Wink