FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Is The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

typingphenom2007
I've played Zelda and I've gotten so sick of that game when I played it a long time ago. So what's the worst game you've ever played and why?
brokenadvice
Super Mario 64. Best and worst game I have ever played. Still haven't beat it though.....
Nameless
Oh, how do you even answer a question like that. I've tried too many games that I really didn't like, and many that just outright sucked to really choose one single worst game. Especially when you consider that if a games sucks, you play it for about five minutes then move on, so you're much less likely to remember it than a good game you might play for several months.

(Though it is very tempting to say Halo just to annoy all the fanboys.)

Actually, I just thought of a pretty realistic answer; I can't name it specifically, but I recall one particularly horrendous mario fangame created by a complete novice at Game Maker. Toad's War or something, and I'm pretty sure it was deliberately made pathetic merely as a way of seeking attention.

So yeah. Halo, then. Razz
Satori
typingphenom2007 wrote:
I've played Zelda and I've gotten so sick of that game when I played it a long time ago. So what's the worst game you've ever played and why?

How on earth can you get sick of Zelda?? I mean, the only way I'd understand is if you were talking about Zelda II. That game is certainly the worst of the series, though still not a bad game. But the rest of the series is great! I've been playing A Link to the Past lately and even though it's from the snes days, it's still a great game. So which Zelda were you talking about, or were you just generalizing about the series?

brokenadvice wrote:
Super Mario 64. Best and worst game I have ever played. Still haven't beat it though.....

I don't get how it can be the best and worst...that really doesn't make any sense to me. Please elaborate.
DivineLight
Zelda is not at all a bad game in my opinion. But it still depends on taste. For me the games that I hated were like Lords of the Realm. Turn based, but still there are many good turn based games, but it was the worst I played. Totally waste of money.
typingphenom2007
Satori wrote:
typingphenom2007 wrote:

How on earth can you get sick of Zelda?? I mean, the only way I'd understand is if you were talking about Zelda II. That game is certainly the worst of the series, though still not a bad game. But the rest of the series is great! I've been playing A Link to the Past lately and even though it's from the snes days, it's still a great game. So which Zelda were you talking about, or were you just generalizing about the series?

brokenadvice wrote:

I don't get how it can be the best and worst...that really doesn't make any sense to me. Please elaborate.

Yeah I am talking about Zelda II sorry I wasn't specific. Super Mario 64 was a good game to me for awhile then I got over and then I would go back to play it every now and then.
ForceRun
Yeah I can tell you the best few games that I'm playing, but I normally don't run by to many crap games. Mainly because I research be for I buy a game, i.e. Gamespot or PCGamer mag. And it is pretty clear what games are going to be great and which games are going to fail from the get go. I guess right now Halo would be my worse game every played. It was orginally an RTS for the Mac. Then Microsoft owned the world with the Xbox, and to me anyone who has a Xbox and Halo is owned solely by Microsoft, and is paying for all the crap Mircosoft dishishs out to the rest of us. And also just to get back at console gamers, because Halo really is a pretty sad game compared to what it offered on the PC.
Satori
typingphenom2007 wrote:
Yeah I am talking about Zelda II sorry I wasn't specific. Super Mario 64 was a good game to me for awhile then I got over and then I would go back to play it every now and then.

Ok, well that makes more sense then. Zelda II was certainly not a very good Zelda game...though it does have some redeeming qualities....of course I can't think of any of them right now (haven't played it for god knows how many years.) I've been considering downloading it from the shop channel, but I think I'd want to get the original and beat it first. I should've just started with the original instead of a Link to the Past...it's going to be hard going backwards.

Anyway...rambling on again
spinout
warcraft - i hate doing resourses.. Sad
DivineLight
Warcraft????
If you hate doing resources, that doesn't means its the worst game. Warcraft is a quality game man. You can tell that you dont like it, but the topic is about the worst game you ever played. Sad
LuXTheReaper
DivineLight wrote:
Warcraft????
If you hate doing resources, that doesn't means its the worst game. Warcraft is a quality game man. You can tell that you dont like it, but the topic is about the worst game you ever played. Sad

just remember its asking for a person general opinion. Its fair if he doesnt like the game for that reason. you dont have to berate him for it.

Of all time perhaps Blinx as it was such a let down from what the early videos showed

Currently i loathe Two Worlds...i've played it for 10 hours and still havent figured out what the hell im supposed to do. Its impossible to tell the main quests from pidly little side quests
mynameis
Rainbow 6 Las vegas

Story = pretty poor
Multiplayer = equaly poor

Fable

ok good deeds bad deeds OBLIVION PWNS THIS GAME its like some game from the goverment to try and encourage decent morality or somthing

and apart from that thats it ( i don't buy rubbish games) but tbh i thought that Rainbow 6 vegas was good..
roboguyspacedude
I like most games I have played. However my cousin got me Da Vinci Code for b-day and it sucked. On xbox it even stalled and crashed every time you got to after the first battle.
Deias
For me this is an Easy one. my number 1 worst Ranked game of all times has to be Quest 64. just WTF did I just see and why was I subjected to it, I swear to the legions of all RPGdom that this kind of torture and defilement doesnt even happen to people captured by the Taliban. Got that Commie if you want to capture and force people to talk, staple there eyelids up and force them to play Quest 64. (warning if you actually try this, those subjected will most likely take having there brains blown out by a gun so get your information with in 30 minutes, else if you force somebody to play longer they will babble endlessly about poor design and script. and maybe something about please god kill me now)

I, in no way shape size or form condone the use of torture to any human or animal it is a sick disgusting thing to do. Please the above statements of torture where a joke and used only to display the level of hatred I hold for said game title

My most played game is still World of Warcraft, but my favorite as of right now has to be Bioshock, this game is a thing of beauty(if beauty where in the form of vile and downright near evil wrapping) the lighting effects, the gameplay, it has so far made every other FPS shit in its pants and go crying to mommy with a inferiority complex. (I'M TALKIN TO YOU HALO3 aka Halo 2.5)
Sickness
Final Fantasy VII, I have always hated that game
newso
The New Hospital Tycoon. thats game easyly makes itself the worse game in history. Never ever buy it. Dont even waste your time downloading it.
vonboy
for a "professional" game i would say spyro:enter the dragonfly for gamecube. I can usually keep away from the crud of the crop, but i just somehow decided to give this game a try. BAD idea.

as for games made with game maker, i have seen so many so called games that looked like the creators spent less then 5 minutes working on, that i think I'm gonna be sick.
Patriot Players
Worst I have played recently would have to be Maple Story. A free 2d MMO where all I did for like four hours was side scroll around pressing 1 button to kill things over and over and over. It was awful, dont ever bother. Not even worth the nothing you pay for it.
Sarcas
I'd have to go with that horrible giant game for the GC some friend of mine popped up with Confused forgot the name of it
Pikokola
Persona 2[ The one that on PS ]

I just kind of... dislike that kind of game....
Ducksteina
Prince of Persia 3D.... It's definitely one of the crapiest games I ever played.
Even the old Prince of Persia Games are better than this. It was in some kind a copy of Thief... but a bad one. Bad graphics, bad animation, bad sound and bad gameplay.
I played for 5 min, after that I deleted it and everything was fine.
So, if you want to start playing Prince of Persia, get the Ubisoft game, it rocks.
spykE
Hard one, cause I usually dont waste my time with bad games Smile . Hmm.. I'd say Runescape or something haha. That game truely sucks, can't imagine why people waste their time on that game.
Keran
Umm... there were so many good and bad games I've played it's hard for me to tell which one was the worst...
But recently the worst one I've played was definetely Made Man. Oh man, that was such a horrible game.
studprog
hmmm.every game iplayed was nice
Fire Boar
Two games. MapleStory, purely because of its repetetiveness and lack of any "story" whatsoever; and King Kong, for being a murky brown nothing.
Dean_The_Great
Worst game I've played is either Night Watch, or X2 Wolverines Revenge. Both were due to the fact that they are really clumsy on controls and each of them look like like could've just used more time.

Night watch is way worse though I think... Just don't exactly know where they were going with that.
xorcist
The worst online game I played was those Text Based games I really hate them because you cant see anything and sometimes they just show a picture of you and saying you did something. I guess I am a visual person and want to actually see myself doing things.
Legolas710
The worst games that I have ever played were ones that some n00b's created in Game Maker. In fact, just from looking at the screenshots showed you that they were horrible. Confused
Arnie
Progress Quest? But the fact of it being so bad made it funny, really.
Pikokola
Fire Boar wrote:
Two games. MapleStory, purely because of its repetetiveness and lack of any "story" whatsoever; and King Kong, for being a murky brown nothing.

Lol King Kong... I think lot's of old game are like that one, just repeat same thing with a little differences in speed, toughness and anything every level....

( I hope my "king kong" is the same as the one that you mentioned )
neffernin
Two Worlds. I got really angry at this game after playing it for about... 30 minutes. I did start to like it more after time but the game was really choppy at times on XBOX360.... needless to say I think it's one of a kind.
putz480
Hands down it was a Fisher Price: Perfect Fit for the NES. My sis got it when we were kids and would hog the system playing that god awful cartridge.
Kelcey
Maybe Twilight Princess. I loved ocarina of time.. like majora's mask... could barely stand wind waker... and absolutely hated twilight princess. I guess the zelda formula is really just old to me now.
rappn
typingphenom2007 wrote:

How can you hate Zelda?
I just must say that i adore Zelda, i remember when i were 7-8 years old and i played Zelda, i didnt understand english so good (Im from Sweden). But still i realy put my whole soul in thoose game, and today sometimes i still do!
I played Zelda - Ocarina of times AND Zelda - Majora´s mask!
And on gamecube i have played Zelda - The Windwaker, which i liked much in the begining, it was cool to pick up and use enemys dropped weapons!

Now on topic!
On PC; One of the worst games ive ever played on PC must be Tibia, gachhhhh what i hate that game! But still there is many many peoples that plays it!

On N64; Super Mario 64, i never liked that game, well the grapic was good, but the gamefeeling was missing, very annoying with the camera angles...

Now off topic again!
I just must say that on N64, the best game ive played must be Donkey Kong 64, OMG i loved that game, the guns, the bananas, and the secrets! Hehe, DK 64, god what many hours i killed with that game!
"H-H-H...Here we go!
So they're finally here, performing for you
If you know the words, you can join in too
Put your hands together if you want to clap
As we take you through this fun-ky rap! HUH!

D. K.! Donkey Kong!"

Haha, loved that song!
jdarcy
If I had to choose the worst game I've ever played... I'd probably have to say runescape... for atleast MMORPG's its the worst. Ive enjoyed mame32 arcade games more than that one Shocked.
btw, the 80s gamez rocked..one word..bezerk.
Never tried zelda... ive seen most have posted thats the worst... but I'd have to try it before I can comment.

If your playing runescape and you think its the best game ever... Heres something to think about. Theres a little game called Guild Wars. Millions play. very cool *FREE* MMORPG with awesome 3D graphics, 3d ,strategy..its dungeons and dragons online basically. And If you arent really into the MMORPG's and you just like the Singleplayer RPG's... Id have to recommend Morrowind Scrolls: Oblivion. Very cool 3d game, with also very good strategy. Very wide open game. *Can basically do whatever you want (become an outlaw or just do the questline or just run around and kill beasts)*

That's about it.
Meir_wolF
bratzwhen i took my sis gameboy by mistke lol Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
its a fcking bad game Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
the worst on earth i still have a nightmares becuz of it Sad
its girly horryable game
the person who create rhis game have realy twisted mind Mad Mad Mad
Blu_Spykz
Aqua Aqua on PS2.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT GAME ABOUT???
Blu_Spykz
jdarcy wrote:
If I had to choose the worst game I've ever played... I'd probably have to say runescape... for atleast MMORPG's its the worst. Ive enjoyed mame32 arcade games more than that one Shocked.
btw, the 80s gamez rocked..one word..bezerk.
Never tried zelda... ive seen most have posted thats the worst... but I'd have to try it before I can comment.

If your playing runescape and you think its the best game ever... Heres something to think about. Theres a little game called Guild Wars. Millions play. very cool *FREE* MMORPG with awesome 3D graphics, 3d ,strategy..its dungeons and dragons online basically. And If you arent really into the MMORPG's and you just like the Singleplayer RPG's... Id have to recommend Morrowind Scrolls: Oblivion. Very cool 3d game, with also very good strategy. Very wide open game. *Can basically do whatever you want (become an outlaw or just do the questline or just run around and kill beasts)*

That's about it.

HAlf agree about Runescape. I play, a bit, (am WELL in the highscores too) but it is SO boring, very little to do. I was going to buy Guildwars, but am holding out for Stargate World (MMORPG) coming out (eventually) lol
Seiji
Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii. I had high expectations for this game due to the fact it would be first game on the Wii in the U.S. to implement online options. Instead is was just a boring game and just to have a little bit of fun you would need to have a DS to transfer all of your Pokemon and whatnot. Really just got the game because of the online options. Bad mistake on my part. Only played the game about three or four times and didn't pick it back up after that.
ShadowAssassin
xD final fantasy. The cinematics/cutscenes at beginning make it AMAZING!!!! but then when u actually get to the game, its the most HORRIBLE game ever!!!! and im speaking about the series in general!!! the fighting system just makes it worse, i thought it was like oblivion style. I was really disappointed in this game! Sad
CMA
Tibia

worst 30 minutes of my life, and half of that was to set up an account, downloading the game client and trying to get in a server. Personally, I don't recommend it to ANYONE.