FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

gravity's rainbow

TurtleShell
I've got another book I'm thinking about reading--Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon. I was wondering who's read it and what did they think of it? Do you recommend it?

I'd only heard of this book in vague passing, until I read House of Leaves, by Mark Danielewski, a book I thoroughly enjoyed. I heard that Danielewski took a lot of his tricks from David Foster Wallace, and so I read Infinite Jest. I loved Infinite Jest, and read that DFWallace was influenced by Thomas Pynchon, so I came to Gravity's Rainbow.

Has anyone read any of these other books? Can you comment on similarities, differences?
Crazy_Canuck
Hi, TurtleShell!

Just read the wikipedia write-ups for House of Leaves and Infinite Jest. Have not read either, but would like to. Will report back here if/when I do!

After that, maybe I will pick up Gravity's Rainbow again. Rolling Eyes
poly
Didn't read it..
TurtleShell
Crazy_Canuck wrote:
Hi, TurtleShell!

Just read the wikipedia write-ups for House of Leaves and Infinite Jest. Have not read either, but would like to. Will report back here if/when I do!

After that, maybe I will pick up Gravity's Rainbow again. Rolling Eyes

I'm just waiting for the day when someone I know will tackle Infinite Jest. It's, I'm serious, REALLY long. As for House Of Leaves, I recommend just taking a peak inside. It's unlike any other book I've ever known.