FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

"My Documents" missing from "My Computer"

Talk2Tom11
Just as my title states. My problem is that my "My Documents" has suddenly gone missing from my "my Computer". I still have the "My documents" folder. It is just no longer in my "My Computer". However, I do have the documents fold the other users that are on my machine, still in the "My Computer".

Does anyone know what could cause this? Sad
GSIS
Perhaps someone hid it? Check the attributes.
MARCIV
Maybe u are running vista lol
xinxan
The TweakUI PowerToy for Windows XP (available from here (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)) has an option to hide/unhide the "Documents" folders in My Computer.

XinXan

Smile
kuyman
This is a pretty normal complaint with various certain themes. Have you changed your theme lately? Or at all?

You may want to try reverting to the default settings for that theme or just the plain old default theme. Beyond that, check your properties on the start bar (weird things hidden in there) to make sure it's not disabled. Other than that, you should try out the program recommended by the last poster, it's a pretty good one.

If none of these fix it, just keep posting, we'll figure it out.

Best of luck.
Talk2Tom11
Thanx for the help. I did change my theme and I do use the TweakUI PowerToy for XP. So I will have to see which one is causing the problem.
Ducksteina
Yap TweakUI helps^^ even when your icons are gone!
Bones
Well if you are unable to get it back with Tweak UI and really dont want to go back to a standard theme, then you could always create a shortcut to the folder on the desktop, or even pin it to the start menu so it will be there.
Talk2Tom11
Turns out that I how a problem with my hard drive and had to tank the whole thing anyway. Thank you for the advice though. I will definitely reference back in case this even happens to me again. thanks. Very Happy
amysanders
Theres a really simple way to get it back using simple windos options give me 5 mins to remember how an i will be back