FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Higher uptime?

restinpieces
Why does frihost have so many outages? I know that it is hard to keep a good free service and that eventually, without any funding this will end as sadly as the rest... What can be done about the outages?
MistaKiula
What do you mean? Like.. your website is never up?
tidruG
Well, we're doing the best we can to keep the site up as much as possible. And no, this site is very unlikely to end like other sites that offer free services, because we have a lot more users and a lot of users who're active, and Bondings supports the site with Google Adsense, I believe.

Please be patient about the times when Frihost is down. It generally is back up again within a few minutes. And besides, it's not like Bondings just thinks "Right, it's time to put the site down for a while, so we can inconvenience the users!" Wink
Bondings
We do have some downtime/slow periods from time to time and it should be less. But, honestly, some paid hosts have worse statistics than we do. I'm doing my best to reduce those slow periods.

The reasons are that the server is getting full with accounts. Secondly, some people are deliberately trying to get it down. They will always find a new way to do it.
tidruG
Bondings wrote:
Secondly, some people are deliberately trying to get it down.

What? Why would someone want to do that?
Bondings
tidrug wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Secondly, some people are deliberately trying to get it down.

What? Why would someone want to do that?

To give you an example, someone was generating 8Mbit/s of traffic by executing a temporarty file in the /tmp directory. After fixing it, the server load immediately go lower and the traffic collapsed (5-10times less).

There are a lot of reasons why someone wants to hack or take down a server. Either for fun or just a jealous concurrent. It apparantly always starts after getting listed on clickherefree. (after we got first once)

But sometimes the server is busy "for real". Wink
pacslim
I trust you bondings i hope you solved all attacks and problems soon, but im getting krazy each time i go bigtime promoting my site to get mo members and visitors the frihost server went down just befo the traffic comes, same with updating today i was updating and in the meanwhile checking them stats for the server in cpanel many things failed there was a verry high memory load and also a high cpuload just after i checked the whole server went down and when i went to here to see what happening i got an sql error that it couldn't connect to it now it's solved exept for the high memory loads and cpu uasage please look in to this ! Wink And keep up that great work bondings i know ur diong ur best and it isn't your fault ! Very Happy Arrow stats i get now in cpanel server stats interchange failed
Server Load 4.29 (1 cpu)
Memory Used 66.5 %
these have to be fixed they slow down us all!
Bondings
pacslim wrote:
I trust you bondings i hope you solved all attacks and problems soon, but im getting krazy each time i go bigtime promoting my site to get mo members and visitors the frihost server went down just befo the traffic comes, same with updating today i was updating and in the meanwhile checking them stats for the server in cpanel many things failed there was a verry high memory load and also a high cpuload just after i checked the whole server went down and when i went to here to see what happening i got an sql error that it couldn't connect to it now it's solved exept for the high memory loads and cpu uasage please look in to this ! Wink And keep up that great work bondings i know ur diong ur best and it isn't your fault ! Very Happy Arrow stats i get now in cpanel server stats interchange failed
Server Load 4.29 (1 cpu)
Memory Used 66.5 %
these have to be fixed they slow down us all!

If the server is down, then frihost is also down, so it certainly shouldn't happen.

The downtime today took less than 10 minutes. 10min/24hours downtime is 99.3% uptime.

interchange failed - Please don't look at this, I didn't even load it, it will always say 'failed'.
Memory Used 66.5 % - That's completely normal, 90-100% would be bad.
Server Load 4.29 - That is the limit this sever can take. It shouldn't go higher.

The recent high load is due to a new user installing half of the programs of fantastico. Rolling Eyes He should be done soon, I hope.
Kit
99.3% uptime.. that's rather amazing for a free host. It's actually quite good for a paid host of this size also. Actualyl it is just darn good.
waiteck
well.. All i can say is that frihost is a good free service. I so far have not seen frihost down.
LostOverThere
[quote="Bondings"][quote="tidrug"]
Bondings wrote:
It apparantly always starts after getting listed on clickherefree. (after we got first once)

All the free webhosts that are of a small company I know of as soon as they got in the Top 10 on Clickherefree got taken out by hackers etc.

For example, There was this small company, called Psycho-Host, the got to No.1 of ClickHereFree, they got hacked, uploaded illegal files & Virus' to there server &, worst of all, people took all their money from their Pay-Pal account.