FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A PHPBB Mod: Pause account

Maxalou
Title: A PHPBB Mod: Pause account
Description:
You are going on a trip? Why not put your account on pause?
It would cost like... 3 to 5$ a day. The website and the account of the person would temorarly close. I can't script it but i know it's not *too* hard... Just a little Wink
Anyway, that's it.
-~Maxalou
Bondings
Maxalou wrote:
Title: A PHPBB Mod: Pause account
Description:
You are going on a trip? Why not put your account on pause?
It would cost like... 3 to 5$ a day. The website and the account of the person would temorarly close. I can't script it but i know it's not *too* hard... Just a little Wink
Anyway, that's it.
-~Maxalou

What you can do is:
1)Backup your website and be sure you have all files to restore it.
2)Request your account to be removed.
3)When you come back, make a new request and mention that you were already hosted. (request account BACK) This might make it faster.
MistaKiula
Do we have to make the topic tittle: "Hosting Request: Hosted Before"?
Bondings
MistaKiula wrote:
Do we have to make the topic tittle: "Hosting Request: Hosted Before"?

Whatever you wish, it's just to let the account creator know that you were already hosted.
babumuchhala
But if you plan to go on a vaccation or something, you can leave with 45 points and tell the mods that u r on vaccation. So they wont disable your account till it reaches say -25 or -30. This will give you almost 2 & half months and i dont think u will live that much without a net connection.
tidruG
babumuchhala wrote:
But if you plan to go on a vaccation or something, you can leave with 45 points and tell the mods that u r on vaccation. So they wont disable your account till it reaches say -25 or -30. This will give you almost 2 & half months and i dont think u will live that much without a net connection.

That's exactly what i was thinking about. I think points are going to be reduced everyday whether or not frihost is hosting your site, right? So, what sense does it make to temporarily cancel your site?
Bondings
tidrug wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:

That's exactly what i was thinking about. I think points are going to be reduced everyday whether or not frihost is hosting your site, right? So, what sense does it make to temporarily cancel your site?

If your account is completely removed, than the Points aren't deducted anymore.
tidruG
Ah, all of a sudden, the idea of cancelling a website makes a little sense, but i still think what babumuchhala wrote makes sense...?
Bondings
tidrug wrote:
Ah, all of a sudden, the idea of cancelling a website makes a little sense, but i still think what babumuchhala wrote makes sense...?

Babamuchhala's suggestion is much easier for both the user and the account creator. So, yes, it is my favourite option.
n0obie4life
The best is that if you knew your going to be gone for 3 - 4 days. Get at least 20 points!
Devil
Bondings wrote:
tidrug wrote:

Babamuchhala's suggestion is much easier for both the user and the account creator. So, yes, it is my favourite option.

Why would anyone who wants to go on vacation put his or her site offline ?

so i dont think that anyone would like to cancell thier accounts, Rolling Eyes
tidruG
Devil wrote:
Bondings wrote:
tidrug wrote:

Umm.... please read above... like Bondings said, if you don't have a website, your points aren't deducted. So, when you come back from your vavaction, you still have all the points you had when you originally went for your vacation.
babumuchhala
@tidrug u didnt get devils point

he means whats the point in getting ur site offline and the do it all over again i.e. restore it and then republisize it (this is where the most work gose)
Devil
tidrug wrote:
Devil wrote:
Bondings wrote:
tidrug wrote:

Umm.... please read above... like Bondings said, if you don't have a website, your points aren't deducted. So, when you come back from your vavaction, you still have all the points you had when you originally went for your vacation.

Why would i have a hosting account and not have a site Confused

and even if i did have a account and dint put up my site , why would i bother if my account gets deleted or not ?
cuz i dont have anything to loose

the simple solution would be to inform the admin or mods , before u go on vacation ,after all nobody goes on vacation every month Wink
tidruG
Devil wrote:
Why would i have a hosting account and not have a site Confused

and even if i did have a account and dint put up my site , why would i bother if my account gets deleted or not ?
cuz i dont have anything to loose

the simple solution would be to inform the admin or mods , before u go on vacation ,after all nobody goes on vacation every month Wink

All your points make sense. That's exactly what I tried to post before but couldn't quite phrase it. of course, bondings too agrees that that's the best solution. I too don't understand why anybody would want to complicate things so much by cancelling their accounts and re-registering or whatever.