FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Mobile Disco Website

newso
Can you please give me feedback to help me improve my website.

here is the link http://newso.frih.net/wsdisco/index.html

Thank you
Hobbit
Looks pretty good. I think the pictures could be better though.
benjad
couple points..

1. Where are you. No sign in teh site about where you are located... not many families are going to fly in a DJ for their private party.

2. Header.. left image (logo) looks great, right image looks too stock clip-art ish...

3. information on the first page is repetitive, some of it looks like it is meant for a sidebar, but there aren't any sidebars.

4. No physical mailing address, nor a phone number.

5. Textured grey in the top buttons looks odd... maybe try a solid color, and have the font change color on hover.

I like the design, only these few oddities stuck out. Hide the validation logos at bottom... they are teh brightest thing on your page, and distract the user from your product.
SoFly
Layout is simple and clean, but for me it`s too clean Smile.

Layouts without footer looks weird.
Menu buttons looks nice, but maybe imporove them lil by gradient ?
Logo totally sux, but it`s only my opinion, I really don`t like logo/header, you should change it as soon as possible. Text and bg is plain, it`s looks booring.
Maybe raise the size of headers.

Finally, tables sux, you should convert it to xhtml + css, DIVs are much better and easier to edit later. Now code is sux, a lot of tags tables and other s***t. Too dirty for me Smile
newso
SoFly wrote:

Finally, tables sux, you should convert it to xhtml + css, DIVs are much better and easier to edit later. Now code is sux, a lot of tags tables and other s***t. Too dirty for me Smile

I have used CSS and XHTML, have you seen the validation on my website. I agree with your other points and will take them into consideration. But i have used CSS and XHTML and got it validated with ws3.
InsanePL
newso wrote:
SoFly wrote:

I have used CSS and XHTML, have you seen the validation on my website. I agree with your other points and will take them into consideration. But i have used CSS and XHTML and got it validated with ws3.

yeah but tables based layout sucks, good xHTML+CSS layout should be based on DIVS
newso
I have now made a few changes to the website. These include new images, removed borders. Added a footer. Moved validation images to bottom of index page.

Any more suggestions and id be very greatful.
benjad
improved design...

still looking for location, and more contact points..
newso
On the front page it does say we are based in birmingham, west midlands. As far as the phone number goes. I am awaiting a business line to be fitted by my phone provider.

So that will be sorted when that happens. This information will be on the contact page when sorted.
SamiTheBerber
The site has an individual image. It has own kind of looks and comes right up from the mass. Those black-white pictures are very cool. Site is valid xhtml1.0 transitional and has valid css. If you have time, you could convert the site in xhtml 1.0 strict. Yellow headers give a new dimension to the layout,

I could give you 5-/5, because the site is so good, but not mine Wink
asim
Hi bro,

great website, should be given 5/5. yeah really.
irishmark
Hobbit wrote:
Looks pretty good. I think the pictures could be better though.

I agree - the photos make it look cheap. Get some nice photos of some sexy ladies and it will work better.
regards
Agree, Hobbit. I prefer some photos of sexy girls, or even no photos at all!
Yet, I love this disco web, at last it's a free disco web!! HA! Razz Razz

Wink Love its idea, REGARDS