FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

libcurl for trojans

DivineLight
Hello All,

Is there any C++ programmer with programming experience with libcurl??
I've read a bit and it's basically for file transfers, but I want to write a very basic trojan using it, as it's working on both windows n linux.

So is it a good idea to use it for writing trojans???
Stubru Freak
Writing trojans is illegal, so I don't think anyone will help you with it.
AftershockVibe
Stubru Freak wrote:

Well... writing them probably isn't. Writing them with intent to do commit crime probably is. Using them to commit crime certainly is.

So, while there's probably a lot of people who can help you here, I doubt that any will help because they don't trust you not to get them, yourself or other people (in that order) into bother.
DivineLight
Great reply Stubru Freak...

And yes AftershockVibe i totally agree. It's up to the usage of trojan.
I just want to know that is libcurl a viable option? and if i used winsocks and make a server using winsock, then can I connect to it using linux?? (A client written using linux)

thanks.
MrBlueSky
Quote:

and if i used winsocks and make a server using winsock, then can I connect to it using linux?? (A client written using linux)

Yes, that's no problem.

DivineLight wrote:
Great reply Stubru Freak...

And yes AftershockVibe i totally agree. It's up to the usage of trojan.
I just want to know that is libcurl a viable option?

If your trojan uses one or more of the standard network protocols like HTTP, FTP, telnet, etc. you can use libcurl. But if your trojan is going to use some customized way of communicating over the network I don't think libcurl will be of much use. In that case you will have to implement it using sockets. So it depends, I guess.
Stubru Freak
AftershockVibe wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:

Well... writing them probably isn't. Writing them with intent to do commit crime probably is. Using them to commit crime certainly is.

So, while there's probably a lot of people who can help you here, I doubt that any will help because they don't trust you not to get them, yourself or other people (in that order) into bother.

I actually think that writing a trojan is illegal, and could be used as a proof that you have the intent to violate someone's privacy. Just like owning all chemicals to make a bomb would get you in trouble, even if none of them is illegal on its own.
Of course you can make a trojan if you have a good reason to do so, but as you didn't specify your reason, I won't risk helping you. If others take that risk, it's their choice.
DivineLight
thanks MrBlueSky, finally an answer to the point.
Ok, I've already started work on it using winsock 2.2, not sure that using the latest version is a good option though, can you please clarify??

And yes Stubru Freak you are also right, my intention is to learn to make one so I have my own custom un detected trojan. So I can use it for my own purposes, most probably not lame or bad.

I respect and follow digital ethics, if you beleive. Still if you don't beleive, fine. I got my answer; didn't want to learn libcurl to know it can't be used....
lucron
Trojans aren't illegal, using them isn't either. Invading privacy and installing them without the computer owners permission is illegal and will put you in jail if caught.
Liu
Stubru Freak wrote:

I actually think that writing a trojan is illegal, and could be used as a proof that you have the intent to violate someone's privacy.

You only "think". You have no basis of fact behind your claim that it is illegal. It is NOT illegal.

Quote:

Just like owning all chemicals to make a bomb would get you in trouble, even if none of them is illegal on its own.

It is not illegal to own all chemicals that are appropriate to make a bomb. In fact, many households do have these materials.

Quote:

Of course you can make a trojan if you have a good reason to do so, but as you didn't specify your reason, I won't risk helping you. If others take that risk, it's their choice.

I doubt you would even know how to help.
DivineLight
Hehe Liu, leave the person, it's ok.

Quote:
Ok, I've already started work on it using winsock 2.2, not sure that using the latest version is a good option though, can you please clarify??

And could you please clear it for me? If you know.