FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

China

qazwsx741
Have you ever been to China ? It will hold 2800 Olympics, are you interested in coming here?
YOu know china is a very big country with long history. I am chinese, but i've only been to severl places, it is too big.
Next year,i plan to visit Beijing, the capital city in china which will hold Olympics .
Do you want to come here?
Welcome!!!
hofodomo01
Well, as a native Chinese, the only advice I have for you is, never, ever, use a normal public restroom (especially at the train stations) unless you:

a) can hold your breath for an inhumanly long time
-or-
b) are about to piss/shit your pants immediately

The...residue and the disinfectant they use react to form an unholy whiff not available anywhere in the Western hemisphere.

Of course, restrooms in most "nicer" restaurants and hotels are perfectly fine. Otherwise, hope you're used to squatting 0_o
Molle
My dad works in China, on a oil platform. I have been in China several times, and for a short period lived there. I prefer living where I live now, but it was fun. Fun to meet new people.
tijn01
I was in China in 2006 and we had a really nice time there. After arriving from Russia we travelled from Beijing to Xi'an, Leshan, Chengdu, traveled towards Tibetan townships of Litang and then towards Kunming... to leave the country at the Laotian border. Although the scenery was astonishing, the people weren't always that friendly. It makes a huge difference I you try and learn some of the language and symbols.
It just hate it how the Chinese government treats Tibet as just another province.... the world should step up for the Tibetans to change this.
cosmicx
China would be a nice place to travel and I would like to visit The Great Wall, The Forbidden City and much other places...
Besides that, I would like to taste all the delicious food in China like dumplings... Razz
thejam
China is woth visiting. After my first visit i loved it so much, i decided to stay. Right now i am living in Shanghai. China is huuuge, so there is a lot of variety in landscape/climate/food/ and so on.
If you visit China make sure you take good preperations. You will find loads of people in big cities, who speak propper english, however communication is still a big problem in most parts of China.
also prepare yourself for a culture shock. Definition of hygiene is different then most most other countries. (the earlier mentioned bathrooms, trash disposal, food preperation) Socialwise there are quite some differences as well. However if you can deal with those differences, you gonna love it!
40dush
I'm living here for 4 years and I like it very much. The only problem is Chinese language. Too difficult for me.
takashiro
You made a mistake!! it is 2008 Olympics that will be held in Beijing, China, Smile NOT 2800 Olympics! There is too long a time before 2800. Smile Smile
sopetite
China and the chinese is not the dump most people in america wants us to believe. I believe that China should be respected, because I lived there for a while and man do I love that place.
soldeinvierno
q majicos los chinicos ahi....q pocholikos son...a mi m gusta mucho...cuando fui a chica flipe conla peña....y esos no son gitanos...por lol menos no te roban en el aeropuerto, q ya es mucho eh? por que vamos las langostas estan buenisimas...aunque no t dejen sacARLAS a pasear...ya veis foreros mios...china mola mazo q t cagas ala todo a ir a china!!!!
windrei
should it be "2008" olympics........=.= in 2800, we all die...... even the world is ended...

i have been to Beijing in 2002, it's undergoing lots of changing. i mean the whole city is "modernizing". i quite like old things to be eliminated so that our lives can be better. But Beijing is doing too much to me. Some valuable and city specailities are being eliminated too, like the historical villages and buildings. Should the government prserve some and make it as tourist sites ??

i am Chinese in Hong Kong. i am not disciminating the people in Mainland China. But i do think the civil education in mainland must be increased.... just like speak softer in public places, queueing up in bus stations, don't splitting, don't "half knee down" and be polite......etc.... if this "human" factor cannot be resolved, i think 2008 olympic games would be in a mess.....
applejunk
I think China is a pretty good place to visit for a vacation since there are tons of attractions and stuff to do there such as shopping at night markets or eating from little food stalls along the way. However, if you've been living in America for a long time, it's really hard to get used to China's culture and way of living. The only places most people see in China are the heavily populated areas anyways such as Shanghai, Beijing, or Hong Kong. But honestly the rural areas outweigh the urban areas and it's incredibly sad to see how some of those people live. Chinese people are suspicious too, if you're not Chinese or you don't understand they'll jack up the prices and try to rip you off =P

So...China's a good place to visit, but it's hard as a place to live xD
guneyozturk
http://blog.friday-nite.com/
mattchun
Yes, it's a good place to visit and a bad place to live.
tijn01
I spent a month in china a couple of years ago. I liked parts of it and hated other parts.
thejam
It's true some people are rude, don't seem to have a lot of patience ( ever been in a cue?) a lot of restaurants don't seem to care to much about hygiene, or the spitting..
BUT!!! how much people from other countries hate these customs, look at the other side of it.

Here in Shanghai women can walk around short-skirted at 3AM anywhere without getting bugged..And basically there's less violence i've ever seen in any other country in the world.

i guess i prefer a lot of people spitting' then getting beaten up, if i am acedentily in the wrong part of town....
zjosie729
I wish I can go, but I can't really afford to make a trip that far. :'(
tony
i have been to china. it is an amazing country; SO much to see; so much history!
takashiro
mattchun wrote:

A bad place to live?? I don't think so. Even though China is a developing country, there's a happy life.

And, you should say, a good place to visit but a bad pace to live, not "and"
poly
I would love to go there sometimes, it is a really interesting country. The problem are the distances, you have to take national flights to see "everything".
tony
qazwsx741 wrote:
Have you ever been to China ? It will hold 2800 Olympics, are you interested in coming here?
YOu know china is a very big country with long history. I am chinese, but i've only been to severl places, it is too big.
Next year,i plan to visit Beijing, the capital city in china which will hold Olympics .
Do you want to come here?
Welcome!!!

i have been... and... i want to go again; so much! it is an amazing country indeed! have a great time at the olympics!! enjoy!!
freegames
China would be a nice place to travel and I would like to visit The Great Wall, The Forbidden City and much other places...
Besides that, I would like to taste all the delicious food in China like dumplings...
goode
2008!ye^^^
sinohi
2008 China!!!! Razz
deviator
Yea I'm going to China in a few days; since I'm done school. Four months of vacation! But no, I'm coming back in two months for summer school. I'm from HK but have a home in mainland China as well as relatives. Going to travel a lot, go everywhere. Nothing too exciting, but nevertheless, beats staying at home watching movies all day night long and hanging out with what, friends? No I'm just joking, but yea anyways, it will be a great trip.
tosnia
i am chinese i know China very well
thorunn
Yes I went to China in 2004 when I adopted my girl. I stayed in Beijing, which was great but very very polluted at that time and then I travelled to ChangSha, Hunan to pick up my girl. I loved it!!

Some day I want to visit China again, when my girl is older so she can get to know her old country and where she came from.
lge306
If you ever go to China, Shanghai and Beijing are the places to be! Beijing has more of a historical feeling with old architecture and templs to visit, not to mention the Great Wall.

Shanghai is more postmodern, with a lot of shopping centers scattered all over the region. I am a native of Shanghai and visit frequently, so I know the city very well.
deanhills
I had a very short visit to Ghangzou. I was surprised how bad the roads were. Full of pot holes. And the trucks and cars are very old models and belching smoke. I thought the motor bikes were cute as mothers would ride on little motor bikes with baby fastened to her chest. Or mom, dad and baby would be on a bike with baby against mom's chest behind dad. We had to overnight at a Hotel that was provided courtesy of China Eastern Airlines, and a mini bus on its last legs provided transportation to the Hotel, which turned out to be bungalows. While we were lining up to register I overheard people who had missed their flights due to transportation not arriving on time, so made a U-turn and hopped back on the bus back to the Airport. Everyone thought that the new Airport Hotel at the Airport would be much too expensive to stay at, but I went for it then, and wow, was that a wonderful experience. The best part of Ghangzou for me. The Hotel, a Novotel, is situated directly opposite the entrance of the Airport, all you needed to do is cross a road. What was quite novel about the Hotel rooms was that the bathroom has a glass wall, so you can look from the bath into the bedroom, and watch TV. Everything was beautiful in the bathroom, TV the latest model flat-screen. Had a most enjoyable time at the Hotel, but was grateful to get out of Ghangzou and China.

I have heard that there is a difference between the South and North, so hope one day to visit Shanghai and Peking. What I have learned though is that people get treated much better in Groups than as individuals. So next time will book myself on a tour instead.

Be careful when you travel with China Eastern Airlines as the seats are designed for average small people and not all are the same sizes. I felt gigantic everywhere. People are generally all slim and quite tiny.
issunday
China will be your best place to travel and live. I think.
I love China.
bellebello
I've been to HuangShan or Yellow Mountain in China. Absolutely the most beautiful place on earth. It was a tough trek to get to the Hotel from the cable car, about 30 mins plus carrying all that luggage. But it was definitely worthed it. The view from there is breathtaking. Also go there in spring time, that's when it's the most beautiful.

http://www.chinapictures.org/type/nature-scenes/huangshan/ Check out the pictures for yourselves.

Cheers!
Deuxansenchine
My name is Jonhy. I was born in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, downtown Montreal. I’m the the youngest of four kids in my family. I like photography, running and I'm good at acting stupid. I also work and study hard. I have never been the best at any one particular thing but I'm doing quite fine in many fields, traveling as an example.

On 25th January 2008, I started a round the world trip. It began by spending a month traveling 12,000km from Portugal to Beijing by train. Then I started to learn my fourth language, Chinese, during my two years here in China. Finally, on the way back to Montreal, I want to cross my big Canada from west to east.

On these pages, I want to tell exciting stories about traveling around the world and to share my every day life here in Beijing. I want to show the beautiful places i have seen from Europe through to Asia via the trans- Siberian railway. I will present the rich people with no money we meet in that kind of travel.

I study study mechanical engineering at the École de Technologie Supérieure of Montreal (ETS). I decided to complete one of the last semesters of my degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing. One of the main goals of this travel is to feel how the emerging and growing power of China is working. By the end of my time in Beijing, I will also be ensured of having developed quite good Chinese language skills. This will be a result of firstly taking one year of intensive Chinese language courses at Tsinghua, followed by a second year of taking mechanical engineering courses taught in Chinese.

I also want to make an easier path for the next students of ETS who want to study in one of the most prestigious universities of China
abcxyz1
I love China and I love Olympic Beijing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
thealpha
China is getting better and better day by day. I think it has organized the olympic gamess successfully and more importantly is that all the chinese people are willing to serve the tourists. So nowadays is a good chance for all the toourist to visit this big country.
thejam
[quote]the people are willing to serve the tourists
Quote:
Wow what an attitude...
Aren't you supposed to be eager to see the culture/habits/people instead of being served? If that is so important to you, just stay at home and go to a local restaurant.
Already too many tourists with an attitude like that come to China and give a bad reputation to all foreign people in China.
liuchunyanid
First, I have to say I am in China and I have lived here for 22 years.

I love it so much that I never think that I would live abroad one day.

Above, somebody thinks China is a good place to visit not to live.

Every coin has two sides. Of course, we still in developing, we have to admit something need to improve; but it really amazing, for her 5000 years ' history and culture. It is a civilized country.

Welcome ! Using your eye to feel China!
yunting
hmm... never been to china before, but had studied, heard, read it for my whole life. i'm a singaporean chinese and my great grandparents are from there. hope to visit my roots one day. (:
isranet
i have been there

very nice place
f99123
I like Beijing Laughing
yuxan
I am chinese too.But now the Beijing Olympic Games has pasted.However,we still welcome anyone visit China. Very Happy
accountgog
China is very interesting
themarine
mattchun wrote:

You are very understanding of China
ptfrances
I hope I could go to China soon for business and to visit this country who change very fast

Smile
people888
China is a very beautiful country with 8000 years of civilization. I am a Chinese but never lived there and hope to visit the country and get in touch with my roots. Sadly, China and the people are always misunderstood.
davidfromoz
Just got back from my first tip to Beijing in 10 years. My feelings are overall quite positive. But its still very much a developing place with plenty of problems too.

My favorite thing is that most people are positive and know things are getting better. You can feel the enthusiasm of people working towards a better life. I like Chinese people. They are enthusiastic, friendly and hard working. There is still plenty of pushing, showing and rudeness. But its definitely getting better.

Beijing impressed me a lot. The airport is magnificent, the infrastructure is great with road and train system greatly improved. Certainly they went to a lot of effort because of the olympics and it shows.

China has had a lot of bad press about product safety and hygiene lately. Frankly speaking it would be hard for me to stay for a long time in China because I would be afraid of the food and living environment (toxic waste etc). The food I ate while I was there was fantastic and did a lot to reduce, but not erase, my worry. The air in Beijing was disgusting.

The news and basic information available is quite badly distorted. In some ways, I like manipulation of media. I like reading newspapers and watching news which is positive. I suppose over time the media will become more open. As the population becomes more sophisticate and travels more widely it will be harder and harder to lie to the population. I'm thinking it will likely become more like Singapore where information is quite widely available but there is still a very strong bias in media coverage. I saw the Chinese English TV channel CCTV for the first time. It was so staged and fake that it was embarrassing to watch. The tiny, beautiful, studio audience all clapping and smiling in unison was hysterical.

Anyway, like a good westerner I am dwelling on the negatives. I want to say, I liked my time there. I'm happy to see it continues to develop and grow.

cheers,
david
deanhills
davidfromoz wrote:
Just got back from my first tip to Beijing in 10 years. My feelings are overall quite positive. But its still very much a developing place with plenty of problems too.

My favorite thing is that most people are positive and know things are getting better. You can feel the enthusiasm of people working towards a better life. I like Chinese people. They are enthusiastic, friendly and hard working. There is still plenty of pushing, showing and rudeness. But its definitely getting better.

Beijing impressed me a lot. The airport is magnificent, the infrastructure is great with road and train system greatly improved. Certainly they went to a lot of effort because of the olympics and it shows.

China has had a lot of bad press about product safety and hygiene lately. Frankly speaking it would be hard for me to stay for a long time in China because I would be afraid of the food and living environment (toxic waste etc). The food I ate while I was there was fantastic and did a lot to reduce, but not erase, my worry. The air in Beijing was disgusting.

The news and basic information available is quite badly distorted. In some ways, I like manipulation of media. I like reading newspapers and watching news which is positive. I suppose over time the media will become more open. As the population becomes more sophisticate and travels more widely it will be harder and harder to lie to the population. I'm thinking it will likely become more like Singapore where information is quite widely available but there is still a very strong bias in media coverage. I saw the Chinese English TV channel CCTV for the first time. It was so staged and fake that it was embarrassing to watch. The tiny, beautiful, studio audience all clapping and smiling in unison was hysterical.

Anyway, like a good westerner I am dwelling on the negatives. I want to say, I liked my time there. I'm happy to see it continues to develop and grow.

cheers,
david

Thanks David, this was excellent to read. Think the air would put me off. I remember when the Olympics were on that they did all kinds of strategies for the sports people, i.e. curbing emissions from factories etc. For the rest, when I was in Ghangzou I also got the feeling that this country is still very much developing. I imagine like in most countries however that the Northern parts of China around Beijing and Shanghai would be much further developed than Ghangzou, so perhaps I did not get the complete picture. The Airport in Ghangzou is really good, and they have a brand-new Novotel Hotel there, of the 5-star variety, that I recommend whole-heartedly for anyone looking for a place to stay by the Airport. Do not venture further, as what is on offer via the airlines is really not the best, apart from the fact that you will be transported in a rickety little bus that would not pass any inspection tests in the developing countries, totally overloaded. The roads were pretty much full of potholes. Air was not bad, but probably will soon be getting there. If emissions are not controlled and Ghangzou continues to expand.
pakpiece

I LOVE CHINA!!!

I have many friends from china
Specially from Shanghai and Wuhan!
Oh Wuhan

I Love You JAAN, I really miss you.
Hope to meet you soon in china then we will come back to pakistan
Message for my Loved one in Wuhan

Hi Angie!
soon you will see me in Shanghai my dear friend!

China i really beautiful place
kalliewalker
I was lucky enough to be at the Olympic games this August. It was the chance of a lifetime. I will never stop talking about it, and never forget it. China is like another planet. If you are looking to go somewhere different and learn about a new culture, go to China.