FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is the best food in winter?

qazwsx741
winter is coming in my country, i want to know what we should eat more in winter. it is very cold and dry here in winter, we ofter got a cold . is there any good food can make us stronger and warmer. even can
obstruct from the cold weather?
Teddy1
This is what i have read/heard.

Cinnamon and hot chocolate Smile
Pick 'n' mix of winter mixture get them from local corner store Razz

I hope i have give you a few idea's
benjmd
Eating a particular food won't give you some property that makes you warmer long-term. It is the temperature of the food as you eat it that may affect your own warmth short-term.

I recommend low-salt soups, hot vegetables, and warm sandwiches as staples for healthy but warm eating during the colder months!
jharsika
Good in winter:
Chili
Stew
Corn/clam/seafood chowder
Hot chocolate
Chicken soup
Lasagna
Beans and wieners
Hot oatmeal/cream of wheat for breakfast (sticks to your ribs as we like to say!)
Roast with mashed potatoes (can be turkey, chicken, duck etc)
...and that's all I can think of what I eat in the winter time. Mmmmmm.

Canada = very cold therefore Canadian = know how to eat when cold
typingphenom2007
I love warm soup in the winter, preferably chicken noodle soup. Yes I agree chili is always good in the winter. Hot cocoa with a taste of mint and marshmallows in it. Cinnamon rolls on a winter morning are always good. I love them. Brownies, I love to eat them in the winter, especially with walnuts in them and they have just come out of the oven. All of these things are good in the winter. Anything warm or coming out of the oven is good. Very Happy
pcelica
cokolino by podravka is the best!

it's also good to eat slanina, kulen, kulenova seka, medo brundo corn flakes, zvecevo choco with rice, zganci or palenta, grandma's freshhhh bread...
Shewolf
To have a good cup of tea, and some dryed fruit is good as well. And as mentioned hot chocolate.
Soup is to me more of a fall kind of food, not so winterish. But warm food in general is a good idea Smile
jharsika
pcelica wrote:
it's also good to eat slanina, kulen, kulenova seka, medo brundo corn flakes, zvecevo choco with rice, zganci or palenta, grandma's freshhhh bread...

I'm sorry, I don't know what those are. Could you describe them? They sound interesting.
peabody
cornbread cook on top of the stove
A bowl of Chilli beans
patasarriba
I always think of chili as being for summer, like in chili cookouts.

Cheese sandwiches with hot chocolate are good in the cold, I think. And roasted potatoes. Oh, and a good Thai curry with lots of warm coconut milk.
russel26
hot noodles...and all hot cook..
filet
all things braised..
stew with lotz of vegetables + meat
for the cold ..maybe you should try ginger tea