FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Snakessss

munkey_boy
I have a pet snake. His name is Bitey (The Simpsons) and he is about 50cm long and a Children's Python. You got a snake or snakes? Post a pic of them. Razz
dangerdog
i love snakes Very Happy

i don't have one, my landlord is terrified of them or something, but i have a friend who breeds boas.

this is my favorite!

it's nothing special, i just think he looks cool.
Idoru
I used to care for a 'lampropeltis getulus', or commonly 'Californian Kingssnake'. A firm lady, very beautiful.
Unfortunatelly no pic to post, so you got to take my word for it. Wink
Rico
dangerdog wrote:
i love snakes Very Happy

i don't have one, my landlord is terrified of them or something, but i have a friend who breeds boas.

this is my favorite!

That is by far one of the prettiest snakes Ive seen.

PS. A question to munkey_boy. Why did you put the extra ss at the end and not at the beginning. Sssnakes, say it with me sssnakes. Doesnt it sound better than snakesss? No wait I have it sssnakesss, yeah that sounds nice or naaisss.

PPS. No really very pretty snake dude.
cybernie
I have been taking care of small python, about two feet long, which my granfather caught at our farm. I sometimes put in my school bag. It caused trouble when one of my classmates opened my bag to get some paper and the snake came out. It fed it with chicks and rat hehehe
Rico
Are you going to answer my question?
Idoru
A bit OT there, but sssure, it'ss true. Me and Gollum agreesss. Wink
imera
Since I am still living at home I can't really have any animal that can freak my mother out, and she is easily to scare. So I will have to wait till I move out and start college. Not really sure what kind of snake I want, I will have to see what kind they sell here, and then I'll buy one.
matheus_controle
You face charges or mad ta think my brother. Good for those who have and I like to out. Worth
dangerdog
Rico wrote:
dangerdog wrote:
i love snakes Very Happy

this is my favorite!

That is by far one of the prettiest snakes Ive seen.

PS. A question to munkey_boy. Why did you put the extra ss at the end and not at the beginning. Sssnakes, say it with me sssnakes. Doesnt it sound better than snakesss? No wait I have it sssnakesss, yeah that sounds nice or naaisss.

PPS. No really very pretty snake dude.

yesss... they are one of the prettiest snakes, that's just a particularly good picture of him, making his red and white really pop. it's a rainbow boa, they all have those wacky spots but tend to change color a bit (white fades out) and others tend to be a little more muddy or brownish. best. snakes. ever.

crimson_aria
I'd like to have a pet snake. though it kinda scares me, I still want to. but my sister and mother are freaking afraid of them. so I can never get one until I own a home for myself.
insecurity
snakss are dangerous animals Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
ocalhoun
insecurity wrote:

Many of them are, but some are quite safe. (At least, they are safer than a cat; even the safest snakes might give you a painful little bite)
dangerdog
insecurity wrote:

it's a common misconception, they've just got a bad rep!

honestly, i'd say my cats are more dangerous. at least a snake bite is fairly clean and usually leaves no scars - my roommate has lots of hideous scars from cat scratches. :p

the majority of snakes aren't even remotely venomous, and even a lot of ones that are just aren't that dangerous. like copperheads - the antivenom for a copperhead bite is actually more dangerous than the snake's venom itself!

they might seem scary, and i can definitely see how someone can be uncomfortable with snakes, but they really aren't very dangerous at all. it's like with any animal, you're only going to have trouble if you encounter a particularly aggressive animal or get in between it and its food. more common pets like, say, a dog, could do a lot more damage to you.
Satori
insecurity wrote:

Yeah, not really. Of course some snakes CAN be very dangerous...but most of them, even if very venomous, are not interested in just attacking randomly. Almost all snakes will choose defensive or retreat tactics before they choose to strike. So even the venomous ones aren't dangerous unless provoked. Very few snakes are actually aggressive. There are many snakes that are not poisonous, and many that don't even have fangs (or much in the way of teeth at all.) So overall, snakes are actually quite safe...especially when compared with other more aggressive animals.

I have two corn snakes, both of which have never bitten any body (and have been handled plenty.) Even if they did bite, they have no fangs...so it would be more like a pinch...probably wouldn't even hurt much. But they're so docile, I've never even had the slightest fear of being bitten.

People all seem to have this very common fear of snakes...but it seems to be based on ignorance and misunderstanding, rather than actual fact. It's the same with spiders. But spiders too can be very friendly and docile.
D'Artagnan
to me if you want a snake like a pet, all right, i won't get one , but if a friend of mine get one i would love , i would love to see the gals talking "ooh what a long snake!" (miss that joke please)...

if you're thinking in getting a snake (or any exotic animal) take a look on the sellers history,
for each 10 animals that are illegally traded just one survive! it means that if you get contrabanded 9 equal died in the way...
macey
I don't have any snakes but I love looking at them.
My favorite is the King Cobra.
nivre
i love snakes..but this snakes must remain in the wild...God created snakes not to become pets but to balance the eco system....PEACE TO ALL Very Happy
edzofcit
I have a phobia with snakes. I got this since my elementary years wherein my grandpa and I go harvesting fruits in the hills. A snake appeared above my forehead. Luckily, My Grandpa saw that snake and cut the snakes head. I'm just shocked seeing it's head falling into one of my foot. From then on, Whenever I see snakes, I panicked.
Afaceinthematrix
I like snakes, but I do not own one. I've always wanted to find one of those twenty-foot anacondas while trekking through the jungles. Hopefully I will some day.
jesmil6
id love to have a pet snake. i dont have one though, hopefully ill get one soon!!! Very Happy
nickm
Snakes are pretty cool. I had one for a while, but it killed itself when I was on vacation. I weaseled its way under the heating pad in its cage and couldn't get out.. rest in peace, old buddy.
anttimies
I like snakes,but i still scare them Shocked
agustin
i am really afraid of snakes. I saw a couple in my life but they are beautifull but so dangerous.
RaecoN
hate snakes!
coolclay
I can't believe people still think snakes are dangerous! Less than 20% of all snakes are poisonous, and of those only like 10% are aggressive, and only like 5% of those venomous and aggressive snakes can actually kill you. Snakes can be very loving, charismatic, long-lived, and beautiful pets if taken care of and treated correctly.

I have kept snakes my entire life, and many of my friends have as well. I can respect people that don't like snakes, even though I don't agree with. What I don't respect and makes me very angry is the wanton killing of snakes just because you don't like them. They have a right to live just as much as you and I do. If you kill one and eat it and use it then fine. But I strongly disagree with the killing of anything just for the act of killing it. People like this don't deserve to live IMO.

Anyway I currently have a gorgeous 5 foot Keys Corn Snake, she's my baby, and one of the most incredible snakes I have ever had. This is my sister with her.