FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video LAN Messenger

jipmerite
My friends and I just connected our PCs through a LAN. We are using Real Popup to send one another messages through the LAN.

I am looking for a better LAN Messenger that offers Video and Audio Chat through the LAN without the need for a Server or internet. Even if a local Server needs to be hosted I guess one of us can do it. We just want to work within the LAN itself so that it will be faster than online messengers like Yahoo! Messenger.

So any recommendations? I have searched online software directories without much result.

Thanks.
bostko
What operating system do you use. If you use linux try linphone, otherwise if you use XP try pc-telephone.
bangala
Try Focus VideoPhone!
Focus VideoPhone is a standalone video phone application that allows you to connect to other machines on the network and start a video conversation. The program provides a simple interface and an IP address book to connect to other machines. It is a freeware BTW.

Visit this web site for more information and to download your own free copy.
http://focusmedia.ru/prod_phone_en.htm
jipmerite
Thanks for the replies. I am using Windows XP. I'll be sure to check these out.
vaoger
bangala wrote:
Try Focus VideoPhone!
Focus VideoPhone is a standalone video phone application that allows you to connect to other machines on the network and start a video conversation. The program provides a simple interface and an IP address book to connect to other machines. It is a freeware BTW.

nice share... but does it support Vista??
djclue917
vaoger wrote:
bangala wrote:
Try Focus VideoPhone!

nice share... but does it support Vista??

Hmmm... I think that question should be: "Does Vista support it?". hehe
Just playing around. Peace! Wink
Scorpio
I did use an utility called WinPopup a long time ago.. I don't even know if it is still around..
ThePolemistis
Scorpio wrote:
I did use an utility called WinPopup a long time ago.. I don't even know if it is still around..

that was back in the days of win9x Smile

I think they brought a new program out, chat or mschat, for NT versions.
Net send is a nice message sender simple also, which comes with windows 2k,XP,Vista
werste4
There is another communication tool of microsoft, called NetMeeting. It offers a chat, video conferencing , a whiteboard etc. .

Just type conf.exe in your command promt.
pashmina
i have been using NetMeeting for some time now, I always run into problems.
I am looking for a better one and alternative to NetMeeting?