FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440

fizzo
I just wanna ask if this Video Card has a S-Video and capable of using a

PC to TV Connect Cable where in you can use it to use your TV as your Monitor.. Thanks
AftershockVibe
Yes it does, or at least the model I had did. I used to have one however the quality of the output I found was pretty rubbish.

I found that any text was virtually unreadable however, i was converting S-Video through to RCA before I connected it to the TV so you might get better results if you do it directly.
paul_indo
I still have mine in the drawer. It does but, as AftershockVibe said, the picture Quality is low.
I think this is natural as a TV monitor is much lower res than a computer monitor. I used a 68cm Sony TV and the results were not real good.

The main use I had for that card was it's Svideo and RCA video inputs to record old VCR tapes. It works very well for that.
synnyzter
For good image quality and lots of bells and whistles you might want look into an ATI All-In-Wonder video card. You can get an older one very cheap now and they support tons of TV opions such as video capture, TV tuner, wireless remote controls, DVR like capabilities, and are known for their great image quality and ease of use. You don't even need a new expensive top shelf card, the older ones are pretty awesome too.
spykE
It just depends on the model you have. If there's a S-video on the back of the card, yes there is Razz.
fadirocks
but don't expect for things to work too smoothly my friend had it and wasn't that easy to connect to every TVs some TVs will screw you over like Sony's you'll get black&white picture or fuzzy picture. I had better luck with newer TVs from Toshiba