FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to remove .sys file?

filet
How to remove .sys file?

I kept getting warning from antivirus that a certain .sys file is a malicious. How do I remove it?
SgtGarcia
We really need more information to be able to help you. Your antivirus software says the file is malicious, the program must give some details. We might be able to help you if you post the details here (filename etc.)
AftershockVibe
You really need to replace it with the original. This is quite easy if you have your orginal Windows install disc.

Run the following from the command line:
Code:
> sfc.exe /scannow

That should find the file causing the problem and revert it back to its original state.

Unfortunately, sfc (System File Checker) isn't perfect and you might need to do it manually by first booting into safe mode, replacing the file in %SYSTEMROOT%\dllcache then deleting the file from %SYSTEMROOT%.

Note: %SYSTEMROOT% is Windows\System32. Just type it into the address bar though because dllcache is hidden by default.

There is also the possibility that the .sys file is just an addition and not a replacement in which case you can do the same as above, just deleting the file in dllcache instead of replacing it.

Also, I take no responsibility if you hose your system by deleting the wrong stuff!
filet
The file: iifsfv.sys, and I have check with other computers windows file and this iifsfv.sys doesn't exist and no result for this file when I googled.
aningbo
can't the anti virus delete it? try it from the dos mode then... use an windows xp cd or windows 98 cd to boot from the DOS mode. good luck
Kelvin
You can try to use this file killer program Killbox! from: http://killbox.net/

This software can delete any file that runs when your system starts. However, you will still need to kill all other files related to that sys file if that file keeps reappearing after using the file kill program. Don't worry this program works and best of all it's FREE Very Happy
corey
Why not try booting your system into safe mode (try hitting F8 when its booting up, just after the BIOS stuff)? You should be able to delete it then.
infinisa
Hi filet

Now that you have checked the file is not really a system file, you just need to delete it.

Safe Mode is good and simple way to delete things that can't be deleted when Windows is running normally, but doing a Clean Boot is an excellent alternative.

Please consult my post “How to Run a Full Computer Backup or Virus Scan Efficiently” on the Computers -> Software forum (http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-679307.html). If you run your virus scan as I suggest, for sure you will be able to delete any infected files.

Good luck
daran
filet wrote:
How to remove .sys file?

I kept getting warning from antivirus that a certain .sys file is a malicious. How do I remove it?

you can insert the bootable cd and start computer white it and delete anything on your computer.
takashiro
You can try Unlocker v1.8.3 . It's really helpful.
superco
Hi,
I need help. I don't know if this is the right place to post.
I run AVIRA for virus scan and reports this file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nitjflf.sys as suspicious. It belongs to TR\Rootkit.Gen. Maybe I have also other virus, but this AVIRA tries always to move in quarantine, without success. It is a recurrent alarm. Please advise me for a solution.

Thanks
infinisa
Hi superco
superco wrote:
Hi,
I need help. I don't know if this is the right place to post.
I run AVIRA for virus scan and reports this file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nitjflf.sys as suspicious. It belongs to TR\Rootkit.Gen. Maybe I have also other virus, but this AVIRA tries always to move in quarantine, without success. It is a recurrent alarm. Please advise me for a solution.

Thanks

Try booting your PC in safety mode and move it yourself.
Or, try installing a free trial version of Kaspersky Iinternet Security and see if that can fix the problem for you. Also, do a full system scan while you're at it.

Good luck!
metalfreek
Its better that you don't delete sys file. Every anti virus has quarantine option, you can use that.
superco
Kaspersky couldn't delete the nitjflf.sys file and so the associated trojan: Rootkit.Win32Agent.bdzt.
Avira can't move to quarantine the same file and neither could I delete it through safe mode.

It looks untouchble this trojan.

Does anyone have suggestions?

thanks
infinisa
Hi superco
superco wrote:
Kaspersky couldn't delete the nitjflf.sys file and so the associated trojan: Rootkit.Win32.Agent.bdzt.
Avira can't move to quarantine the same file and neither could I delete it through safe mode.

It looks untouchble this trojan.

Does anyone have suggestions?

thanks

This should work:
Make a live Fedora Linux DVD, boot from it, access your Windows partition, then move the file (or change its extension).

Good luck!