FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter and the money

yagnyavalkya
THere was madnees all around when the Harry Potter book released and everyone was goiing for it
My daughter was desparate to get the book on the very same day
Now it is two months
I see that the book in poor quaLITY PAPER IS availble on the streets on India and I presume everywhere for much less money just about the cost of the paper and printing
What are your feeloing about the book piracy goiing all over the world
Are the authors really robbed of the royalty or is it OK if get these books and read them
I would like some comments
GSIS
The whole legitimate supply chain from the author down to the book store owner (or supermarket) is robbed of their due.

Some would argue that the sale of second hand books that are still in print should not be permitted.
Afaceinthematrix
GSIS wrote:
The whole legitimate supply chain from the author down to the book store owner (or supermarket) is robbed of their due.

Some would argue that the sale of second hand books that are still in print should not be permitted.

I would disagree with that argument. If someone wants to argue that the sale of second hand books should be illegal, than what about libraries? Should libraries be illegal? What about stores that sell second-hand movies, video games, CDs, or anything for that matter? Should selling used cars be illegal? Well you get my point... But I guess I see where some people are coming from...
David_Pardy
RRP for the newest Harry Potter book in Australia, I think was $49.

I would NEVER pay that amount of money for a book of that size. I spent $20 on a collection of Jane Austen's 7 most famous novels for my wife's birthday, it's got many more pages and is physically much bigger.

That's why people steal.

As much as I enjoyed reading the Harry Potter series, the books are overpriced and I will not buy copies of them.
Yantaal
like, seven pounds in england, or maybe fourteen, not worth worrying about,.