FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Performer's Website! Check it out!

Dean_The_Great
Hey, I'm a performer from Canada, and I would love feedback on my new website:

http://www.deanrideout.com!!!

I know there are a lot of people on this forum who know a lot more about web design than I, so any feedback would be deeply appreciated!!
{name here}
Dean_The_Great wrote:
Hey, I'm a performer from Canada, and I would love feedback on my new website:

http://www.deanrideout.com!!!

I know there are a lot of people on this forum who know a lot more about web design than I, so any feedback would be deeply appreciated!!

Not bad for a beginner...though it completely fails the text browser test (images do not display alts), and its code isn't very clean - it does not specify an HTML standard and the code is all caps (most of the way), which isn't considered good form in markup, though in programming languages such as BASIC and Pascal it is often customary. You might want to make nicer tables and clean up the newsbox as well so it matches the decency of the rest of the site.

Content wise it seems consistent and similar to that of most performer websites I've seen.
patasarriba
The gallery didn't work in Mozilla Firefox. But other than that, I liked the design. (I barely know anything about web design myself, but it was clean and easy to navigate and nice-looking -- how much more can you ask for from a performer's website?) The only thing I'd change is that the header for your blog doesn't match the look of the rest of the website -- if you just made the link to the blog open in a new window, I think that would solve your problem.

Good job! It's a nice site!
Dean_The_Great
{name here} wrote:
You might want to make nicer tables and clean up the newsbox as well so it matches the decency of the rest of the site.

I'm unclear as to what you mean. How do I make my tables "nicer"? And also, what is the best way to make a newsbox, in your opinoin? With my limited knowledge a scrolling table window was the best I could come up with.
asim
good work... you are learning....