FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rate your neighbor's name

Zombie
Hey everyone,
I thought it would be great fun to get your name rated on its "coolness" whilst critiquing other names, so I started this thread. All you have to do is Rate the name of the person who posted ABOVE you. You name will then be rated by the person below you. You can go into detail about what you think their name represents if you'd like. But All that is asked is that you rate it from 1 to 10. 1 being completely lame, and 10 being incredibly cool.

Have Fun!

I don't know if this is allowed as a thread, I also searched and I couldn't find any similar threads, but hey mods; if i missed something, I won't have a grudge against you for locking it. Razz
amysanders
you 4 as everyone knows zombies are always cool, well atleast i think zombies are cool and your the first person to own the name zombie on here so i think a 4 will be enough.
a.Bird
Zombie- I'd say that your name doesn't really strike me, it doesn't feel very original. However, you were able to acquire it without having to add a bunch of digits, underscores or substituted letters, so it's very simple and I don't have to decipher it to understand it, which is nice. So...

Originality: 2
Strikingness: 4
Simplicity: 10

Overall: 5.3

--------------

amysanders- I don't think I've ever seen another "amysanders" on any forum or blog, or even anything close to it. However, I would assume that it is just your name with no space or capitalization. If it is, however, it's interesting that you would feel bold enough to choose it for your account name (unless of course for the purpose of a simplicistic website domain name). I like the way "amysanders" rolls off my tongue.

Originality: 7
Strikingness: 5
Simplicity: 8

Overall: 6.7
mathiaus
As a simple 'rate the name' thread, I'd close it. If people give reasons and don't start duplicating their posts, I'll leave it open. (Don't know about the mods in the mean team though Razz )

a.Bird
I personally can't be doing with trying to work out where to put the capital letter. Either at the beginning or not at all I say!
You break 'my' rule so loose points. I also thing your trying to call yourself an item rather than just giving yourself a name so even less points.
Overall: 5
Keran
umm.. "mathiaus"
Well.. I have a hard time reading Your name correctly (why does almost every mod has to have a so complicated name?). I Think that the nick mathiaus is taken from Your real name Mat, or it might be "Mathius" but strangely written. Or... Maybe it's something of a riddle?
Let's take it down to the parts:
math - You like Mathematics
iaus - I Aus, which could be that You are from Australia...
So, Mat from Australia that likes Mathematics Very Happy

6/10 - At first glance it's simple, but when taken a closer look, it's complicated ;p...
KronikSindrome
Keran -

I'll give ya a.....6.

it's short/clean/and catchy.

But what IS it? A weird way to spell Caron? Caren? Karen? Keran?
It makes me think of Conan.....the barbarian!

confuzing but cool....6! Very Happy

(as for my name, if yu guys think it's lame I have like 20 others...
AlienSexFiend, Kerosive, Keriatic, Dr. Dementia, Agent Orange,
Komatozed, Keronikon, RagedyAnn-on-Crack, GummybearSlut,
Kermy D. Fiend, AcidPixie666, MzUnderstood, and so on and so forth)

but yeah....KronikSindrome is my fave atm.
Helios
KronikSindrome... hmm... I guess that was a bad try typing chronic syndrome Twisted Evil
Do you have any chronic syndromes you'd like to tell us about? Razz
Pretty cool. I'd give you 8/10 Very Happy

Helios - took it from the greek mythology (and Deus Ex, if you played this game).
Wikipedia is your friend in this case...
mathiaus
Keran wrote:
So, Mat from Australia that likes Mathematics Very Happy

Laughing

Well the Mat is partially correct. My name is Matt (double T) short for Matthew.
I'm English and have never even visited Australia Razz

I'm not 'playing' as it were in this post. Just replying. Ignore this post and rate Helios Very Happy
KronikSindrome
(I spell Chronic with a K because my name is Keri and I luv K's,
SINdrome, because I like sin Wink just for the record)
James007
Am I in the mean team? Oh yes I founded the thing together with my co-founder tidruG.
No forum games for points.

Moved to jokes.
Zombie
mathiaus wrote:
If people give reasons and don't start duplicating their posts, I'll leave it open.

I don't think you'll have to worry about double posters, as they would be forced to rate their own name. Very Happy

EDIT > ADD >

Oops, forgot I'm supposed to rate your name. James is my dads name and I its a pretty cool name, plus you wrote 007 after it and his name was James. The avatar is also a nice touch too...

Total Score: 7
endless
i dont think its outstanding, but i never saw it on other forum, so a 8/10 Very Happy

btw do you at brains?
imagefree
i rate endless 5.

Rate me Very Happy
Genesiz
imagefree, hmm i can't really think where it could come from, but i still think its a cool name so i'd give it a 7/10.

mathiaus wrote:
I'm not 'playing' as it were in this post. Just replying. Ignore this post and rate Helios Very Happy

As no one else is going to i will rate Helios. I think its a great name. Sounds all cool and greeky. I'd give it a 9/10.

I'll be surprised to see what people put for my name.
Captain Fertile
Genesiz. Obviously from the word Genesis with a cool twist at the end.

Luckily Genesis is one of the words I like so any form of it is going to rate highly. It is unique (I don't recall seeing it on any other forum), catchy (short and snappy), memorable (just easy to remember) and looks good (not difficult to work out how to say it).

I have to give you an 8 (would have got even more it it were funny or thought provoking too). Good job! Very Happy
ftv_flung
Captain Fertile just made me laugh, so I'll give you a 9!
nivinjoy
ftv flung...hmmm first naturally i thought of the FTV...then only after some time i understood that it is Flag These Videos...

And i rate ftv flung 7/10....Good...!!!
minty
nivinjoy...hmmm...off hand I am not sure what that means, however, I found that it relates to your forum you host Njoy Zone. Nice twist! I give it a 6/10 (hard to interpret but still relates to a real-world zone).
truespeed
The first thing that came to mind upon seeing the name was Minty from eastenders,other than that its a simple name,and memorable so if i must give a score il give a six.
ExecuKev
truespeed... how we actually drive when the police are not around...?

I'll give it a 6 for the "what does that mean?" factor... Razz
Maddo
ExecuKev, cool name.

Does it mean something like Executing Kev(in)? Starting Kevin. Power up :p 8/10
truespeed
ExecuKev wrote:
truespeed... how we actually drive when the police are not around...?

I'll give it a 6 for the "what does that mean?" factor... Razz

truespeed comes from the marquee tag in html
ExecuKev
Maddo wrote:
ExecuKev, cool name.

Does it mean something like Executing Kev(in)? Starting Kevin. Power up :p 8/10

The guys at my company started calling me it as a joke when i got a promotion... and i thought it had a cool ring to it - so i use it online now in most instances.

AMENDED SCORE - Truespeed gets +1 for his explanation... 7/10