FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Microsoft uproots ISO Standards

jmlworld
Would you like to watch, while Microsoft is claims that it is good having double Open Document Format (ODF), as there is already working standard ISO26300. I think, a couble will cause a problem and confuse among the XML community.

As we know, Microsoft is oppurtunist, and they want to terminate the ISO golden standard as Doug Mahugh, Microsoft's Open XML campaign leader said:
Quote:
"Office is a USD$10 billion revenue generator for the company. When ODF was made an ISO standard, Microsoft had to react quickly as certain governments have procurement policies which prefer ISO standards. Ecma and OASIS are "international standards", but ISO is the international "Gold Standard". Microsoft therefore had to rush this standard through. Its a simple matter of commercial interests!"

Personally I believe, Micorosoft is terminating ISO XML Standard because:
    They want to make everything their own.

There is bug and invalidity in their new spreadsheet format which denies any date before 1900

Only Microsoft designed the new standard, which makes this her own property

Its your turn, what do you think...? Laughing
coreymanshack
jmlworld wrote:
Would you like to watch, while Microsoft is claims that it is good having double Open Document Format (ODF), as there is already working standard ISO26300. I think, a couble will cause a problem and confuse among the XML community.

As we know, Microsoft is oppurtunist, and they want to terminate the ISO golden standard as Doug Mahugh, Microsoft's Open XML campaign leader said:
Quote:
"Office is a USD$10 billion revenue generator for the company. When ODF was made an ISO standard, Microsoft had to react quickly as certain governments have procurement policies which prefer ISO standards. Ecma and OASIS are "international standards", but ISO is the international "Gold Standard". Microsoft therefore had to rush this standard through. Its a simple matter of commercial interests!"

Personally I believe, Micorosoft is terminating ISO XML Standard because:
    They want to make everything their own.

There is bug and invalidity in their new spreadsheet format which denies any date before 1900

Only Microsoft designed the new standard, which makes this her own property

Its your turn, what do you think...? Laughing

I also think that microsoft wants to own the rights to it all.
dray101
^^^

of cause they do, they are control freaks who want to control all aspects of our computing experience. Wink
Stubru Freak
Well at least that guy is honest. They do everything for profit. It's normal for a company, and the government should prevent it, and not trust the company not to do such things.
coreymanshack
Stubru Freak wrote:
Well at least that guy is honest. They do everything for profit. It's normal for a company, and the government should prevent it, and not trust the company not to do such things.

At the route we're going, microsoft will eventually own all of the computers. (yes, i said own the computers)
jmlworld
coreymanshack wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:

At the route we're going, microsoft will eventually own all of the computers. (yes, i said own the computers)

Rolling Eyes Microsoft will never own the all the machines, if Google invests more on Mac, and Linux rises up to even higher state, Microsft will never claim anything more than their own creations.

I hope the United States Governemnt will outlaw Bill Gate's road blocks towards the open sources and freewares, and as the time passes, I dream seeing all the computers free fom the monetry hands of Microsoft and their likes...
coreymanshack
jmlworld wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:

Rolling Eyes Microsoft will never own the all the machines, if Google invests more on Mac, and Linux rises up to even higher state, Microsft will never claim anything more than their own creations.

I hope the United States Governemnt will outlaw Bill Gate's road blocks towards the open sources and freewares, and as the time passes, I dream seeing all the computers free fom the monetry hands of Microsoft and their likes...

I sure hope so.