FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Church against Marilyn Manson

hrtorrent
August 22. Marilyn Manson will perform in ancient arena in Pula, Croatia.
Chatolic church and some chatolic organizations take some actions to forbit this concert.
But 'Antichrist Superstar' or 'God Of ******' will continue his tourney Against All Gods becouse there no legaly issues to forbit this performance.

What do you think about it?
I think this is a questions like freedom of speak or something?
Zib
I hate this man ( or this thing... ),
his music is bad, and he think he's playing metal... hum... Laughing
( in france some people say that he plays black metal... Confused )

But I don't understand this church... because there are many
black metal concerts in this region : Behemot, Marduk...
And you can't forbid someone to play his music ( music ?? really ??? )
tidruG
Well, Black Sabbath constantly had problems with their concerts. They constantly had people protesting against their concerts... I'm not sure if the church ever interfered though...
TheRATH
I don't really care for his music. I went to a NIN concert and MM opened up for them and MM sucked! But, I think the church should stay out of it. MM is only selling records and concert tickets with his image. I don't think he is a threat to anyone.
TheRATH
sorry for the double post. Got a error message.
diablera
Well, This is not something that surprises me... I guess it's taking time for some people tu assume that rock has nothing to do with religion...
S3nd K3ys
:singing:

Everybody's someone else's ****er/I know you are so am I
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers/

:/singing:

Wink
hrtorrent
However, the concert goe's just now!!!
The official police report before concert (on national TV) was:
"We will arrest him if he hurts religios people fillings!" Laughing
hrtorrent
I forgot to say,
M.M. comment to church was:
"If one man, like me, can harm your religion, then what is purpose of that religion?"
Monkeydog
diablera wrote:
Well, This is not something that surprises me... I guess it's taking time for some people tu assume that rock has nothing to do with religion...

thats so true.Relgion has nothing to do with anything but relgion.
I find this dumb even if i'm not a MM fan.
shr3dd
I do not like Manson or his music. I do not approve of what the church is doing. Black Sabbath did have constant protests and church involvement. This is not the first time Manson has run into this problem, as I have read his autobiography. He does practice Satanism but I don't think his music is going to convert or possess anybody and the concert should go on.
Aut0mat1c
The church needs to mind their own business..... go help the homeless or something.
azaghal
well, this MM thing its the worst in the world.... i think hes like a big clown and he thinks that he's Satan... or something like that...but is nothing more that a stupid human being...
budazz
i dont care about manson... Cool
Caxius
hrtorrent wrote:
I forgot to say,
M.M. comment to church was:
"If one man, like me, can harm your religion, then what is purpose of that religion?"

marilyn is my god hahaha
the is a different man, but really, he's a good person. he only wants to be different, the center of attention of the world, look like to eminem (but with different style) Wink
tidruG
azaghal wrote:
well, this MM thing its the worst in the world.... i think hes like a big clown and he thinks that he's Satan... or something like that...but is nothing more that a stupid human being...

Err, no, not as far as I know. I don't think he thinks he's Satan. he's just a guy pushed to the edge who doesn't believe in God and has decided to worship Satan instead. And it goes well with his black goth image. No wonder the church is against it.
diablera
I guess religion tries always to take control over all those topics they think they should. But as I said before, music is not even related with religion, except for some beautiful sacro music in the medieval age.

Cheers! Cool
diablera
What is this? I've got a DEBUG ERROR MSG, and after that, it seemed that I posted twice the same answer, besides that, I earned NO points Sad well, I'll be back in a while

Cheers! Shocked
shr3dd
Actually, he doesn't worship "Satan" persay, true Satanists do not believe in Christianity's definition of Satan. They believe that they are their own god. Satanism is a very interesting religion (i take part in no religion, myself). The common misconception is that Satanists worship the devil, that's simply not true. If you don't believe me or are intrigued, google the Satanic church under Anton Lavey.
hrtorrent
I think religion is question of choice. If you believe in something (or not), it's your rigth to do that. Similar is about music, if you like some music, it's ok, if you don't like, don't listen.
But if you are religiost man (or maybe not), you don't have rigth to spit someone else religion. Same is about music.
Croatia is a free country, freedom of speak and freedom of religion is guaranteed by constitution!

p.s.
about concert.... everithnig was normal, without any incident! It was not high security level concert at all! Peacefull athmosphere, say TV!
happycycling
I listen to electronic music mostly but I think manson's music is pretty good. Sure the guy is a head of the satanic church but when it comes down to it he lives for the music. I actually read his biography and read some of his interviews and he's actually a pretty smart guy.
The only people with a problem in this situation is the church as it seems that the church always has to be against something. Being a past church-goer I always thought that Jesus was about love and acceptance and not hating on the manson. All these protestors look a little silly and pathetic if you ask my opinion.
kazikame
If you don't like it, ignore it.

The church have no business ruining other's enjoyment just because someone doesn't agree with them.
Boles Roor
tidruG wrote:
azaghal wrote:

Err, no, not as far as I know. I don't think he thinks he's Satan. he's just a guy pushed to the edge who doesn't believe in God and has decided to worship Satan instead. And it goes well with his black goth image. No wonder the church is against it.

Mr. Manson is NOT a goth, does NOT make goth music, and does NOT have a goth image, he just looks like a panda bear with too much eyeliner and black lipstick. Just because the media says he's goth, satanic etc. does not mean it's true.

[/rant]

Do some research, don't just blurp out random stuff. And also don't just pick the first site from google. Evil or Very Mad
achene
First of all: Marilyn Manson is really sick person and I think its ok that the church try to stop him.
Another thing is that he is the reason why millions of hopeful teens put on some black eyeliner and dress black to be what they call goth. First of all only wannabe goths listen to marilyn manson Laughing and I think its a bad thing that he influences so many people in that way.

Bah
mistuh griddlez
Ok Marylin Manson (I Think) Is actually pretty good about what he does. Ok basically he does all of that weird stuff to promote himself (whether in a good or bad way) Basically he does it for free advertising (i mean just for one little thing he did get a whole topic on frihost didn't he?) Also his image makes people scared although he is a smart man (he wrote a book!! Laughing well...so did that other manson fellow but oh well...) Personally I sort of like his music but that does not make me goth and that is not the reason i am siding with MM i feel the church should not be able to interfere with someone elses job (unless the person they are accusing are actually telling people the church is bad or something like that.)(Manson has become such a bad image that he get's alot of free advertising i mean he was on a few south park episodes alot of other tv shows. he is featured in the news alot and all of this promotes him i mean
anyone who's never even heard his name will probably read the article then search for him on google or something)

Basically What I Am Saying (If Nobody Understood That) Is that MM Is Smart For Getting Free Publicity (I Mean He Got Publicity Just For Throwing a Concert Which Is His Job!) Also He's Become A Famous Image And Is Known Very Well By A Wide range Of People. (Although It Is not A Good Image He Still Is Really Famous.......Or Infamous).
anxiety1
i think this is a bit over the top.

i dont even think marilyn manson is too outragous.

if you look at what some of the black metal bands are doing/ singing about. then he is totally mild.

its all like wen that kid shot up that school they tried to blame mazza, i felt sorry for him. you cant relate the two at all.

he has a mcuh worse name for himslef than he should have, i really dont see why
mceejaydee
I don't listen to Marilyn Manson but I think he should play. They have to respect people's beliefs. Especially the people who don't have any.
WhisperedWords
hmm i agree with a few...the church should stay out of it...but some of his lyrics are pretty errr... unsanitary... but there are m,any more bands with worse lyrics...meh
Lyriqz
wow i acually find this a good topic, due to the fact that MM use to go to church all the time before his wife passed away, which then afterwards he lead a way to disbeliven. So in terms i can see alot of people not liken him, but imo his song covers are hot.... but then yet if a church was aginst him there breakin there own sins "thou shall not judge"
Helios
Church against him?

Why that's the best thing that can happen to his image!