FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HALO 3

spykE
Who got it yet? Damn it's out here tomorrow woot! Been looking forward to this for so long Wink. What do you guys think?
DSGamer3002
All of my friends are getting it; I feel left out. Sad I don't have a 360 because my TV is too old to be compatible with it. x_x Anyways, it looks like a really great game. One of my friends said I could come over tomorrow to try it out, so I'll do just that. ^_^
amysanders
Wish i had an XBOX 360 to play halo 3 on im going to have to save up for one there not as dear now are they? but i dont think i will be able to get one till next year some time think my tv should be ok with the xbox 360 its not HD or anything though. Halo 3 looks so awsome i cant to have ago on it im sure one of my friends will get it before me.
Satori
spykE wrote:
Who got it yet? Damn it's out here tomorrow woot! Been looking forward to this for so long Wink. What do you guys think?

I could pretty much care less that Halo 3 is out. I played the original and the second one. I wasn't really impressed. Don't get me wrong...they are ok games, just nothing that was spectacular. If I want to play a game like that, then I'll play Unreal Tournament. Microsoft just took an old, reliable alien shooter type game and put it on their console. Sure, the graphics are nice...and the gameplay is decent. But really, is it worth all the hype?? I don't think so. I mean, come on...Master Chief?? What kind of a name is that?? Certainly not a game I'd go out and buy an xbox 360 for. Of course, I don't plan on ever buying a 360, so it would take a pretty amazing game to make me want one. Halo 3 certainly isn't it.

Go ahead and bash me Smile I'm sure all the halo fanboys will be screaming at me shortly about how sweet the new halo is. I never said you guys can't like it...just that it's not something that interests me.
gibbo
Satori wrote:
spykE wrote:

I could pretty much care less that Halo 3 is out. I played the original and the second one. I wasn't really impressed. Don't get me wrong...they are ok games, just nothing that was spectacular. If I want to play a game like that, then I'll play Unreal Tournament. Microsoft just took an old, reliable alien shooter type game and put it on their console. Sure, the graphics are nice...and the gameplay is decent. But really, is it worth all the hype?? I don't think so. I mean, come on...Master Chief?? What kind of a name is that?? Certainly not a game I'd go out and buy an xbox 360 for. Of course, I don't plan on ever buying a 360, so it would take a pretty amazing game to make me want one. Halo 3 certainly isn't it.

Go ahead and bash me Smile I'm sure all the halo fanboys will be screaming at me shortly about how sweet the new halo is. I never said you guys can't like it...just that it's not something that interests me.

actually in away i know what you mean iv played both halo 1 and 2 and to be honest the story mode isnt that great and the multiplayer does get boring aafter a while i think i will stick to those games that i can make my own maps for such as Gmod and Unreal Tournament i love mapping
vonboy
I think it's too over hyped. I'm not saying it's a bad game. I actually played it and it has a good single player campaign and great multiplayer, but theres people out there that worship it like a god. They'll play nothing but halo day and night it seems like.

Anyway, I heard that they shipped out like 4 millions copies for just launch day Shocked .
kicy
I got halo 3 last friday, unfortunately I didn't we weren't aloud to play it until september 25. So now my xbox live account is either frozen or banned or I don't know...

I like everything but the controls, I always hit X to reload now when I need ammo I throw somthing lol.

Anyways does anyone know why he cares about that virtual girl, I mean she's just a program right?
m-productions
kicy wrote:
I got halo 3 last friday, unfortunately I didn't we weren't aloud to play it until september 25. So now my xbox live account is either frozen or banned or I don't know...

I like everything but the controls, I always hit X to reload now when I need ammo I throw somthing lol.

Anyways does anyone know why he cares about that virtual girl, I mean she's just a program right?

I kinda think your lieing., MS have come out and said they were NOT banning people for playing the game earily, as it was not there falt they got the game ealry, it was the retailers. so unless your a microsoft employ, nothing happend.
Klaw 2
kicy wrote:

Some people give their car names and get attached to them and they totally flip when someone scratches it.
And maybe cortana is an computer but she's a smart AI and almost like humans, so if MC gets attached to her so what? She can talk back (unlike cars(lol)) Besides its just a game.

I'l get my halo 3 copy on saturday and i really hope it aint scratched like I read on internet.
Seiji
I've begin to think that Halo just automatically gets a 9.0 or higher. Nothing is really changed that much from Halo 2. Nevertheless its a good first-person shooter but if your going to go out of your way to buy a 360 just so you can play Halo 3......not worth it Confused
dlseven777
So for anyone that has actually played Halo 3. Is it worth getting if I don't have a 360 yet?
Satori
dlseven777 wrote:
So for anyone that has actually played Halo 3. Is it worth getting if I don't have a 360 yet?

Didn't you read the post before yours??? Pay special attention to the last half of the last sentence Smile

Seiji wrote:
I've begin to think that Halo just automatically gets a 9.0 or higher. Nothing is really changed that much from Halo 2. Nevertheless its a good first-person shooter but if your going to go out of your way to buy a 360 just so you can play Halo 3......not worth it Confused
poly
I think HALO 3 is one of the most anticipated games this year.. Wink
Diablosblizz
I heard it was a short game.. and I also heard that the ending was odd..

I don't own a 360, and I never really got into the games.
Hobbit
If you wanna play with me add me, my gamertag is lawlmower. Note that this is my first halo game ever, and my first console in years (bought it 3 days ago), so I really suck!
Vladalf
I think halo 3's graphics are too serious for this kind of story with funny wacky aliens...
zbrchaz
me and my friend stayed upp all night playing it when we got it it was pritty sweet. but im not getting a 360 till fable 2 comes out Wink
kicy
m-productions wrote:
kicy wrote:

I kinda think your lieing., MS have come out and said they were NOT banning people for playing the game earily, as it was not there falt they got the game ealry, it was the retailers. so unless your a microsoft employ, nothing happend.

Yea I was banned for something else. Sorry about that.
spykE
Diablosblizz wrote:

Care if the multiplayer kicks ass! Cool

And we have multiplayer co-op aswell which could make the singleplayer a lot more exciting aswell.

Well like some others, I guess I'll have to first get myself an Xbox 360 aswell, probably this christmas. I've played HALO and HALO 2 on the Xbox a lot, especially online. I first wanted a nicer TV, which I got now, now let's save a bit more and then I'll get myself an Xbox 360 with HALO this christmas, hope Microsoft makes a nice offer with some kinda HALO Pack.
mynameis
I got it on launch and just completed it on legendary. its not a short game and is one of the best games i've played all year. Bungie have definatley packed some awsome features in this game and forge and the realtime save films are actually pretty good and NOT just last minute features that sound good. Mulitiplater is the best in halo yet and the only thing it lacks is the clans feature that was in Halo 2 (i don't know if anyone actually used that).

Its a game that has pretty much been perfected. User maps and games should keep the game alive for many years to come.

Play on either heroic (by yourself) or Legendary (co-op)
kuhdorf
Halo 3 is a very good game! halo 1 and 2 was great but 3 is better than all episodes
lucron
Pre-release hype is almost always to make up for lack of quality. I hear the story line sucks on the new Halo, I won't be playing it until I can get it for PC - only because it has co-op, probably no where near as good as Doom's co-op, but should be fun nonetheless.
roboguyspacedude
I don't have a 360 either because I don't feel like spending all that money for the console. I got my xbox 1 for free so I guess I have to deal with that for now. Maybe eventually I'll buy one.
enygmasoft
spykE wrote:

I have never really been to much of a fan of the halo series, of which I have only played the demo to part one, which I though was way too slow.
newso
Complete waste of money. Campaign is really short, took 6 hours to complete. Online play is good. But not worth the cash i paid.
Deias
I recently did a blog spot on this at my website, so if your interested in seeing my view of the game you can get to it at my site which is in my sig.

I took up Halo 3 for testing purposes when it came out, spending about 4 hours playing it in the back of a game store with the manager (who is also my good buddy, lets me test games for my site) Anyway to the point, the Campaign mode was a joke, the level design was weak compared to the monolithic designs of the first Halo, But we all saw that coming because after Halo 2 the game was multi first single player second which also forces us to pay more to microsoft for there services. (clever)

Bungie should not have called this game Halo 3, the working title at launch probably should have been Halo 2.5 because its the same game with a couple bells and whistles thrown in, and then spit shinned to be prettier. After playing a game like the recent hit Bioshock you have to ask yourself. where are the actual new features. But I guess as long as game companies are getting there buck off a name more then gameplay we might as well just give up and hand over all our favorite series into the same design thoughts of Madden NFL series
PIbrothers
I've already played it, and it's pretty ****** good, they've thrown all the ideas in for this one.

Halo 3 > Halo: Combat Evolved > Halo 2
Halo 3 has been mad so far, one more skull to collect and I'll have all the achievements Smile
spykE
roboguyspacedude wrote:
I don't have a 360 either because I don't feel like spending all that money for the console. I got my xbox 1 for free so I guess I have to deal with that for now. Maybe eventually I'll buy one.

I guess you'll have to wait pretty long before it is going to get ported I assume Smile.
Agent ME
I thought the campaign mode was awesome, but short.
It blended in battles together greatly - on the third level, you'll find marines fighting against the brutes on their own in many places - rarely does it seem the battle is just starting as you find them.
But its short - it's missing the tedious shooting runs (except for the second to last level, but even that feels short). You don't bored of a battle, you don't get close to that often unless you're having trouble and repeating a part. Maybe games need to have more tedious parts? I never thought I'd miss the Library and the bridge battles (Assault on Control Room / Two Betrayals) from Halo1. Razz
Satori
poly wrote:
I think HALO 3 is one of the most anticipated games this year.. Wink

You are soooooooo insightful!
girisimselradyoloji
İstanbul kıyamet vakti online game try it
Agent ME
English please?
Klaw 2
Seiji wrote:

it HAS changed a lot from halo 2 do not only look to whats obvious guns erc but the balancing changed a lot its a much better game but no one should buy something that costs 350$ just for 1 game

Diablosblizz wrote:

the ending is open all enemy's are dead BUT the master chief is somewhere in the galaxy floating so... not a real cliffhanger but just an open ending.

Deias wrote:
I recently did a blog spot on this at my website, so if your interested in seeing my view of the game you can get to it at my site which is in my sig.

... Anyway to the point, the Campaign mode was a joke, the level design was weak compared to the monolithic designs of the first Halo, But we all saw that coming because after Halo 2 the game was multi first single player second which also forces us to pay more to microsoft for there services. (clever)

I dont agree the story in the campaign mode was very good its not only running around and pulling triggers as a madman but also the cinematics and in game talking add to the story.

And for the shortness of the game, you can play with friends CO-OP have competetive scoring etc. you can play with ingame campaign scoring.

and most games now are short with older games you could be playing for hours & hours but nowadays with the high graphics and stuff its just too expencive games that you play now ussally take about 6-8 hours.