FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

1and1 - I find they are the best way to go

Jerome_vZ
1and1.com I find are very cheap and its easy to access everything threw its control panel. update your DNS when every need to, its just overwhelming to see how such a site like 1and1 can be so helpful to those who really dont know much about how to run a domain name. They even have nice hosting plans. Not the best but there alright I go to www.shieldhost.com for my hosting there reliable and once again have nice prices

Well just thought you all should know about them, for those who dont there is a quick run done of where I do my business when it comes down to me needing something in this field.

Enjoy,
- Jerome
Scorpio
There are millions of discussions on the best domain registrars.. do feel free to participate in the already open ones
dude_xyx
If you are a 1&1 user I wish you good luck. Becouse sooner or later you will need the luck.
T-rav
I was thinking about opening one of these accounts. Why shouldn't I
smokey4life
What is so bad about 1on1 domain names? I was kind of thinking about checking them out myself as well as they are fairly cheap (cheaper then others), but now you got me second guessing it. Im sure there are plenty of better services out there they just seem very easy to manage. I dont want to go with someone that i will regret later.
csoftdev
I have read a lot of bad reviews about them, but i think i will still go for them with cheap domain names with private registration as it cost more with other companies. from what i can gather is, they have very poor customer service, hang up on customers, customer service in philipines who don't understand anyting about tech stuffs. they have billing issues etc. i purchase with paypal so i guess i am safer than using credit card as they can't simply charge me at any time they like. after all i only buy domain from them, not hosting. i have read some reviews that their hosting is pretty bad.
dude_xyx
If you try to transfer domains out of them, you always ended you with lot of troubles Even after 1000's of bad reviews still they haven't got it corrected. If you are a domain end user then you might find less troubles if you keep them domain with them. otherwise I would suggest you to try Godaddy or Namecheap. They give you better support.
adeydas
i used to be a 1&1 user once and didn't have a very good experience with them. if its for business purposes, why not pay a bit more and go for some well known ones. and if you want to move out of the conventional type i suggest http://www.nfshost.com.
evilryu530
i heard many negative things about them tho, what is so good about them? have you checked them on hosting jury?
zellfaze
The only problem I ever saw with 1&1 (which I use 1&1 for all my domain registration needs) is that they are slow to do things, so what I do is buy the domain with 1&1 then change the DNS settings to point to freedns.afraid.org and use them for all my DNS stuff. Then I point the subdomains to Frih and use Frih for my web hosting. Thats always been an affective method for me.
Scribe
T-rav wrote:
I was thinking about opening one of these accounts. Why shouldn't I

I wasted time uploading software to install only to find out that I will have to upgrade to a managed hosting plan (more money). The software requires php 5.1 or higher. Now I am here at FriHost (free host) where the software is said to be found within cPanel without the upload waste of time.

Why am I moving to another host? I am on a very tight budget, and there are other less expensive hosts that can cut better mustard.