FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Redirect to previous page on login

Would you find this useful?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Perhaps
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't think so
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Manofgames
Sometimes, when I click on a link to a topic at frihost (whether via email or RSS), I end up going to the guest's view, which is dull and really intended for search engines.

Now when I click on the login link at the top, I goto the login page, type in my details, then when I click the login button, it sends me to the index page Sad .

Would it be possible for Bondings / an admin with access to the code to modify the code ever so slightly, so that the login link passed a redirect address to the login page, which then redirects to that on login.

Alex
rvec
maybe you could load the login-page in a new window/tab and after logging in refresh the other page.
Bondings
What about enabling auto-login? Then you shouldn't get that problem, at least very infrequently. rvec's suggestion is also a good solution.

But yes, you are right about that it should redirect to the same page. I'll try to change it, so it behaves that way - at least on some pages.
Manofgames
I do use autologin, however, I frequently get logged out while reading email updates Sad
I also made a support thread about the problem....

Thanks Bondings!
Blaster
You could also just login then hit the back button a couple of times then hit refresh. This seems to work for me. I have had this problem a couple of times.