FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

xoops main page

TrueFact
I use xoops CMS for my site (mindmaze.frih.net) and i can access the page normally but once i start adding blocks to the main page, i get a blank page. While i can at the same time access the management and administration pages.

Recently i had a problem with version 2.0.13.2 of Xoops and never completed the setup process and got an error message indicating that the path (real path on server) can NOT be identified and couldn't insert any values into the main file. So i tried the most recent stable version of Xoops and that is version 2.0.17 and completed the setup normally. Now i have a blank page when I add blocks to the main page.

Thanks in advance.
TrueFact
Bondings
It could be due to memory usage. When you reach the limit, the server usually gives a blank page. I had similar problems with pages with over 10,000 rows from sql on Frihost. I'll try to take a look at it.
TrueFact
If it is that i have a memory limit on the server and I reach that limit... guess it is not due to the fact that the site still empty of any content and just trying to allocate the blocks before i start adding content...
But if you mean the total memory usage on the server... then i can wait.

Thanks for the very fast response
mOrpheuS
TrueFact wrote:
If it is that i have a memory limit on the server and I reach that limit... guess it is not due to the fact that the site still empty of any content and just trying to allocate the blocks before i start adding content...
But if you mean the total memory usage on the server... then i can wait.

I think the memory limit that Bondings is talking about is the php limit per script execution thread - not the memory of the server as a whole.

Although it's quite strange for a tried and tested script to be hitting that limit especially when there is no real content on the pages being generated.

Perhaps there's some error in the script ?
TrueFact
Thanks for the info Morpheus, never knew that each script has a limit. I can try to make the scripts as short as possible in the future.

I've been trying to figure out if a certain block is causing the problem and it was the "Who's Online" module and block. I removed them and everything is working much better now.

Still need to add some more content to be sure that there's nothing else wrong before I ask for closing this thread.