FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer not outputting sound

Sparda
Hello. I just turned on my computer today and the sounds do not play anymore. I just decided to listen to some music and all I hear is loud scratches. I plugged in headphones to see if it was my speakers, but it does the same thing for my headphones.

I am running

Windows XP
Emachines Desktop (Intel)
Model T4010

I couldn't really know what caused the problem because I did many things with my computer yesterday.
Not just one (program). So if you happen to have an idea of how I could fix this problem.. let me know.
~Thanks
bostko
Wich player do you use tell me more about your PC. Try another player or if the sound is too load run the volume control and set wave to lower level or in other case reinstall your sound drivers.
kizarop
check drivers , in the worse case your sound card need to be replaced, is this card integrated with mobo?
coreymanshack
go to your manufacturers website, download the latest drivers for your sound, and re-install them. if that doesnt work, it could be a hardware or pin setting problem.
Sparda
My computer no longer has sound volume control due to something I installed. That was not the problem though. I've been without that for a year or so. I could not find out the problem that was causing my sound to not output so I just did a system restore. Everything is doing good now.
coreymanshack
Sparda wrote:
My computer no longer has sound volume control due to something I installed. That was not the problem though. I've been without that for a year or so. I could not find out the problem that was causing my sound to not output so I just did a system restore. Everything is doing good now.

That's great Very Happy Glad you found a solution.
Cddhesh
I had same problem.I reinstalled drivers then it was working properly.You just chek your drivers or reinstall them.Check your media player too.
triniDj27
good to hear you got your problems sorted out.

Would recommend too that you d/load and install a codec pack to assist with audio [an by extension video] decoding.

It helps greatly for the smooth operations of some audio & video programs