FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

No sound when booted

RiCtee
The topic might be a bit misleading. Well let me explain. When I just booted up and log in, I can't get any sound. So I checked the volume control (sndvol32.exe) and there the Wave is set to the lowest, so obviously that's the reason why I got no sound.

So the problem is that everytime I log in the Wave is always set like that. And I have to drag it up all the time and it's getting annoying. I have no idea why that happens. Any solutions??
coreymanshack
RiCtee wrote:
The topic might be a bit misleading. Well let me explain. When I just booted up and log in, I can't get any sound. So I checked the volume control (sndvol32.exe) and there the Wave is set to the lowest, so obviously that's the reason why I got no sound.

So the problem is that everytime I log in the Wave is always set like that. And I have to drag it up all the time and it's getting annoying. I have no idea why that happens. Any solutions??

maybe you have a program that is using the volume setting it to its lowest setting when you start up your computer.
AftershockVibe
Indeed. Run "msconfig" from the Start Menu > Run dialog and have a look at the "startup" tab.

That should give you a quick list of everything that runs at startup and will let you disable them using a checkbox for some simple troubleshooting. Apologies if you are already know about this and it's obvious to you Wink

Apparently it's not uncommon for things that do recording or VOIP type stuff to set the volume to zero whenever it detects a microphone is being used or enabled.