FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pirates of the Carribean...

yule
Pirates of the Carribean 2 and 3 are currently in the filming process with both Bloom and Depp in both and have been schedules for release to theaters in 2006 and 2007 respectively
nhl4000
Pirates of the Caribbean was pretty good. I hope this doesn't flop like some other movies did with their sequels.
geoff
This is one of the best movies I've watched ever. However the sequel will probably be horrible.
CrimsonStrange
I just wanna see Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's pop, man. LMAO
That oughtta be classic.
And I'm really hoping that if all goes well, the DVD release of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest will have bloopers/outtakes/deleted scenes with a lotta interaction between Depp & Richards.
I can only imagine the hilarity of those two riffing off of each other.

When asked how the filming of PotC II and III in the Bahamas was going, Johnny Depp replied:

"You know, quite a bit of traveling and a lot of swashbuckling. But it's good for a man to buckle his swash every now and then."

Laughing

Some production photos from POTC I and II (I say I & II because there are some shots of Captain Barbossa with Johnny Depp. Let's hope they're allowed to post 'em!)
memsa
A great movie. Johnny Depp played the eccentric Jack Sparrow to perfection. I especially enjoyed his entrance...stepping off the sinking boat onto the wharf and carrying on...brilliant.

I wonder whether the sequel will be as good.
kilted1
I thought that this was a great "park your brain at the door" kind of movie! I just got a bit tired of it after it came out on DVD, when my kids would literally watch it every night for two weeks! Shocked

I'm looking forward to seeing Keith Richards as Jack's old man. How grey will he look?
Ioana
verya good movie, I am curious for the followers an hope they will be as good.
Flavia
Wow! How great is that?
I just loved the first movie and I'll certainly love the other two!
I didn't even know that it was going to have continuance... But I'm surely glad that they're gonna shoot two more films and even more because Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp are going to work together again! They're so cute!
Great news! Laughing
caaltt
I didn't mind the first movie, it was entertaining I suppose.
Of course it was a little childish, but that's a good thing for the kids.

On a different note though, I live in the Caribbean and my father owns a cabin cruiser. He was approached and asked if he would provide his boat as a refuge for some of the crew making the sequal haha.

Some trivia for yah!
impronto
i wasnt expecting much from this movie but it surprised me in a good way
nakamaru
Is Keira Knightly in it? I don't think she is but I might be wrong. Too bad.
druidbloke
I think depp made this movie work, his character was mesmorising to watch, a very strange version of a pirate lol
Scaramanga
nakamaru wrote:
Is Keira Knightly in it? I don't think she is but I might be wrong. Too bad.

She IS definitely in both sequels (although as I understand it, she has less screen-time in the third film.)

Also, I can't believe they got Chow-Yun Fat to play the villain in the third film!

Also, whomever said Keith Richards is going to be in the sequel, he won't. He had to pull out due to a commitment to the Rolling Stones World Tour. Of course will it really matter much, since Depp has said that he based a lot of Sparrow's mannerisms on Richards.

EDIT: You can watch the trailer for Dead Man's Chest here.
kain
I absolutely loved the 1st one. I Can't wait for the sequals. I knew they were making a 2nd but I didn't know about #3.
inman
Depp's coolest performance as the pirate, I loved the 1st one. Hopefully the 2nd must be bigger and the 3rd - even bigger.
balend
I think depp made this movie work, his character was mesmorising to watch, a very strange version of a pirate lol
colilon
I heard of it a few weeks ago.
Cant wait, I just took the first one on DVD
gonna watch it to temind myself of it.

BTW
It is out on July 7th...

Im about to open a upcoming thread, look there.
kenetix
I saw Pirates of The Carribean: The Curse of The Black Pearl a long time ago. I really liked this movie, especially the Jack Sparow character, he's a very funny pirate. Anyway I can't wait till Dead Man's Chest appears on cinema!
x0xilogikx0x
Pirates of The Carribean is one of my favourite movie!! It's so good!!! I hope that Pirates of The Carribean 2 and 3 are very good too!

(Sorry for my english it's no my first language)
Rocky3478
The first one was a good film, and I hope that both sequels can live up to it!
Mariannee
Its not my favourite movie, but its really good movie. It all looks so real. Those pirates and other stuff. I ectually don't like these kind of movies, but this one is the bom! Razz
So there is coming PC 2e??
Yjaxygames
The Pirates of the Carribean -the curse of the black pearl is very good. Johnny Depp played Jack Sparrow very good. The fights were really good too. I don't know if anyone ever visited Disneyland Paris with the atraction Pirates of the Carribean. Some shots in the movie are based upon parts of the atraction. In the atraction, there is a skeleton that drinks some wine (or something else, I don't exactly know what he drunk. That doesn't matter) and in the movie there was something that looked like it. And the pirates that try to lure the dog with a bone in the movie was aslo in the atraction. Those things were really cool to see.

I hope that the sequels won't be a flop.
mrhansol
Pirates of the Carribean 2 and 3 ??

NICE

I love the first one
nakamaru
The only thing good about POTC is Keira Knightly.

monkeybum
lol - that's what one of my mates said! I love it though! Got a bit too excited when I saw an advert for the second one - cannot wait for that to come out!

I heart captain jack sparrow!
druidbloke
lol @ balend

thats a daft trick copying other peoples posts to get points, somebody ban it grrrrrrr Laughing
alkady
PotC was a good movie, But two sequels in the two subsequent years? man they are trying really hard to milk some cash fast. Anyhow too bad I'll be one of the first to be milked.
colilon
Anyone watched the trailer yet?
seems awsome!!!!
well, Frankly, I hope it wouldnt be a huge desapointment, after all, once a siqual allways a siqual. Razz

For the one asking, yes, Keira Neigthly will be in this movie.

BTW, Love the Yo-Ho pirate song (Razz it is on the trailer.)
Rachael
Pirates of the carribean was an great movie and the sequels will probably be just as good
Scaramanga
alkady wrote:
PotC was a good movie, But two sequels in the two subsequent years? man they are trying really hard to milk some cash fast. Anyhow too bad I'll be one of the first to be milked.

They're filming both sequels simultaneously, so it's not so much milking as it is trying to get the most bang for their buck. I think this is going to be a growing trend these days, especially with potentially sucessful franchises. Can you imagine how expensive LotR would've been if Jackson would've had to wait until each film was released to start filing the next (and it's probably what they should've done with the Harry Potter films as well.)
sgwreviews
POTC is the best movie ever for me, even better than terminator series.
I think the sequel will be good, I've read a part of the story somewhere and IMO it can't flop,
I can't wait to see that movie.
Scaramanga
sgwreviews wrote:
POTC is the best movie ever for me, even better than terminator series.
I think the sequel will be good, I've read a part of the story somewhere and IMO it can't flop,
I can't wait to see that movie.

Well as the saying goes "there's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." Reading a good story or script doesn't, sadly, mean the film will itself be good. But I AM looking forward to this outing as well.
emiruss
I love this film.
Jack Sparrow's eccentric character suits Johnny Depp so well that Depp plays him to perfection~!!
Sincerely hope that 2&3 will also be great (you know, series seldom maintain their good quality)
Nevertheless, i will certainly watch them no matter they have good rates or not. Because Johnny Depp is already the main attraction of this movie to me.
Custom
I heard about a number 2 but not 3 the first one is good so I hope the thers are good well just have to wait and see what happens thats the problem you never no what there gonna do!
MalvagioAddict
I would consider Pirates as one of my favorites movies of all time. Johnny Depp's potrayal of Jack Sparrow was memorable. I mean any other people who would have played the character the way he did might have come off as an idiot of the highest caliber. BUt not JOhnny he was eccentric and he lived it. That was what made PoTC memorable to me. Sure Keira and Orlando were good, but Depp carried the movie all the way.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the second and third sequel. Though you're right sometimes the sequel isn't as good as it's predecessor but if Depp's there, for sure I'm going to watch it.