FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hospital Tycoon

newso
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, ITS THE WORSE GAME EVER

I loved the old game, Theme Hospital. So i thought by getting the new one hospital tycoon it could only be better.

Well im sad to say, i couldnt be anymore wrong. The graphics are not any better, the camera is rubbish. You cant see what your doing. The scenarios are absolutley stupid. The game is really short and not worth the money.

I wouldnt even sink as low as saying this game is for kids. Because even kids are too intelligent for this stupid game.

Dont waste your money ! or even your time downloading it if you aint gonner pay like i did.
headie
Most tycoon games (at least lately) have been pretty crappy. They come out too fast for any decent amount of time to be spent on them...
vaoger
is that the game where doctor will blow up his patient head....???
Emmer-Compascuum
Hm I don't know if that's Hospital Tycoon.

Anyway, I played the game at a friend's. I expected (or hoped for) a 3D version of Theme Hospital and... I have to agree with newso.
It's pretty much rubbish, especially when compared to Theme Hospital, which was a great game. It looks quite good, the graphics have a cartoonish style, but the loading times are horrible, so is the music. The diseases are fictional and (supposed to be) humoristic, like in Theme Hospital (it was original back then, nowadays, it's just... lame?).

In my opinion, this game belongs on the huge growing pile of bad Tycoon games.
newso
Emmer-Compascuum wrote:
Hm I don't know if that's Hospital Tycoon.

Anyway, I played the game at a friend's. I expected (or hoped for) a 3D version of Theme Hospital and... I have to agree with newso.
It's pretty much rubbish, especially when compared to Theme Hospital, which was a great game. It looks quite good, the graphics have a cartoonish style, but the loading times are horrible, so is the music. The diseases are fictional and (supposed to be) humoristic, like in Theme Hospital (it was original back then, nowadays, it's just... lame?).

In my opinion, this game belongs on the huge growing pile of bad Tycoon games.

at least you didnt waste any money on it. Ive tryed trading it in, and they will only give me 10 when i payed 40. But i guess any money i get for it will be good.

Like i said originally, DONT BUY THIS GAME. im am saving you the dissapointment.
Nutteloos
I can agree with the Original Poster here... at first glance the game might look good and the gameplay seems to be a lot like Theme Hospital (which I loved) but that's just a few minutes.

That's when the Sims-element of controlling your doctors' relations kicks in. At that point you realize that while the animations of people with lycantrophia are nice, this game comes nowhere near Theme Hospital. The gameplay depth has been beefed down to the point where even a 4-year old can complete all of the scenarios.
And you're right about the cameras - even if you could zoom out twice as much it'd still not be enough.
web_harman
games like this look worse from there name only........

but such games are responsible for building an attituede towards there paa's like raildroad tycoon....

but first i ghot a chance to play small tycoon game like this and then i bought railroad tycoon .... from there i got my interest in tycoon games and then simcity ..... like this the story went ...... so i respect such games
Pikokola
yeah.. all tycoon games are crappy...

they just suck yourself for 10~30 minutes, and get boring pretty fast...

so do those Sims games, they're boring too...
Nutteloos
web_harman wrote:
games like this look worse from there name only........

but such games are responsible for building an attituede towards there paa's like raildroad tycoon....

but first i ghot a chance to play small tycoon game like this and then i bought railroad tycoon .... from there i got my interest in tycoon games and then simcity ..... like this the story went ...... so i respect such games

I agree that most games ending in -tycoon are crap. Bad thing is, they make the original (awesome) games look bad. I loved Transport Tycoon, and Rollercoaster Tycoon wasn't that bad either. Even if a new game isn't that bad it will still be frowned upon just because of the gazillions of crap games in the franchise.
Patriot Players
Whatever happened to the good old days of zoo tycoon and roller coaster tycoon? They are ruining the good reputation of the franchise. I mean really, hospital tycoon? What a ridiculous idea in the first place, Im not surprised the game totally tanked.
dirkvb
Most tycoon are good.
I've also played the old theme hospital, good game, lots of developments to make.
I play it for nearly 10 years you know (or something like that).

I'm not planning to buy the new version, but maybe its worth downloading it. If you don't try you'll never know.
And what you say about is personal, maybe its a good game for me. If I want to relax and not to think.
Nutteloos
Can't help but warn you for a major waste of time. Even though this may look like a Theme Hospital clone, it's not. It lacks about 75% of the depth that game had, and fills it with thin air.