You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Online FTP

Good news for those who suffered with strict firewall or were behind such painfull firewall. For those never allowed to use WS FTP, Smart FTP, Filezilla, etc...

You're now free of charge and independent to use such useful online tool, an ftp client program just working like those u used on your PC. You can connect to remote server, change permissions, remove files and folders, rename files and folders and even extract archives on your webser.

Just visit: and enjoy with the service, I use it when the ISP blocks port 21. Its useful Rolling Eyes Cool
There's a plenty of web ftps. Personally I use this one: Simple and useful Smile
nice, how much space do you get?
jackill wrote:
There's a plenty of web ftps. Personally I use this one: Simple and useful Smile

Nice FTP Client, but talking frankly, I met some problem with Net2FTP, I think my ISP never supported it's software or Frihost servers do not accept it, I dunno the problem...

Another useful online ftp was 101ftp, but it malfunctioned recently!

you may use too. With, you can access any FTP account through a Web interface - no matter whether there is a firewall or not. You can use ftp4net for the complete administration of your homepage, downloading files or just making small changes.Its a total web based ftp solution.
Nice, thank for sharing I will check it out.
Awesome, thanks so much for sharing I will check it out!
sweet.. i was jst looking for a new ftp client
good one.. thanks for the information.
I've been using since a long time.
I have to say that I have used many free FTP programs and the best by far has to be FileZilla which can be downloaded at: Its very easy to set up, use, and upload files. I have never had any type of errors with this program either. I suggest using it if you havent yet!

Here is a little overview of the product:

FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.

Among others, the features of FileZilla include the following:

* Easy to use
* Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
* Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
* IPv6 support
* Available in many languages
* Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
* Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
* Bookmarks
* Drag & drop support
* Configurable transfer speed limits
* Filename filters
* Network configuration wizard
* Remote file editing
* Keep-alive
* HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
* Logging to file
When you need some extra space on-line, ftp is a good solution. But if you need more "extra" space you could also use some gmail account, then you can use GmailFS.

GmailFS is a virtual file system developed by Richard Jones which uses a Gmail e-mail account for storage. GmailFS is written for Linux, but Windows and Mac OS X ports exist too.

It works by building a filesystem with the Filesystem in Userspace loadable kernel module, and manages communication with Gmail through a special purpose Python library called libgmail. The actual GmailFS is also implemented in Python.

The speed of this filesystem is limited by the speed of the user's Internet connection, and the upload/download speed of the Gmail server. Files can be any size, and are stored as (segmented) attachments.

Check it out:

ALSO you can use one simple firefox-plugin to access this gmail space: Gspace turns the 2GB of your Gmail account into free online storage. With Gspace you can manage unlimited Gmail accounts to store all type of files within its simple, user friendly interface.

Very Happy Very Happy
Well I haven't use online FTP's for a long time. Maybe I should give it a try and how these works now. What is the best Online FTP site ?
That seems to be pretty good, infact i would go as fas as saying its the best i have seen in a long time!
Last time I used a free online ftp client, the web host nicely sent me an email asking me why a windows virus suddenly appeared under my public_html. Although it did not do harm to anybody (the server used Linux obviously), but it was clear that the ftp client was somehow infected with a virus. The problem wore off when I changed my password and started to exclusively use non-online (== offline?) FTP clients.

That being said, those online ftp clients can also store/steal your credentials quite easily so it is best not to trust them too much.
Agent ME
Possibly slightly off-topic, but what sort of ISP would block port 21? FTP seems like such a cornerstone of the internet; I can somewhat understand blocking hosting on certain ports like that, but blocking client access to that?
jackill wrote:

I also use the net2ftp and feel very good
Wow, you just made my day. I never knew of these! (without cpanel). This is so useful, thanks!!
forkei wrote:
jackill wrote:

I also use the net2ftp and feel very good

Yes, two of you say right. i am also using net2ftp. it is very good online FTP service.
you can do many things with this programe.
on the website:, it has also another version of net2ftp. you can visit this website and download a version for you own and install it in your website.
now you can publich a free net2ftp as
I use which is nice, but I also know about