FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to use an Hue/Saturation ajustment on only one layer?

Urban
Everything is on the title.. ?

Thank in advance Wink
kerryworkman
Urban wrote:
Everything is on the title.. ?

Thank in advance Wink

Not quite everything ...... What program/version are you using? If you are talking about photoshop it should only be adjusting the Hue/Saturation of the layer you currently have selected. You might look for a check box on the Hue/Saturation control panel that applys to all layers, but I have never noticed one.
Urban
Ho sorry I forgot to tell you the program Laughing

It's Photoshop CS2, I searched over 15 minutes today and I didn't found any box to check.. thank you for your reply but if you can give me more information it would be so great ! Very Happy
kerryworkman
I opened up Photoshop cs2 on my other computer and it only lets me adjust the hue/sat on one layer at a time. I searched through all the settings and options and the only way I was able to adjust all the layers at once was to apply an adjustment layer, which effects all the layers below it. What are you doing when you try to adjust the hue and sat? Mabye it is a software problem or a problem with the file. Mabye you can send me the file and I will take a look at it.
Urban
That's the problem!! Example: If I have my layers on the group "Header" with a saturation/hue and my layers on the group "Menu" are UNDER the group "Header" then the saturation/hue of the group "Header" is also appearing on my group "Menu". I don't want to merge or to make a "NSO" and I want a different saturation/hue for each of my layers! (It must be possible, if not then CS2 is shit!)
Urban
Ok somebody told me how to do ! You need to select the hue/saturation then you hold ALT and you click on the layer that you want. Simple but it's hard when you don't know how to do it Razz Thank you for your help kerry Wink

(This topic can be locked)
kerryworkman
No problem, sorry I couldn't find the answer for you, but I am glad that you were able to get it done. Now I know how to solve the problem too if I should ever run into it, so it turned out good for us both.