FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What does it mean?

dan751
In theory, if one has been dating a girl for a while (and you both love each other so very much), your last day that week to see her was Friday, and you can't see her over the weekend. You're spending time with her on the Friday, and when it's time that she leave, neither you nor her want to leave, because you want to stay there together, she says that she'll see you again on Monday, because you're not allowed to see her during the weekend (for reasons beyond yours or her control), and she says "Hey, we have the rest of our lives." And she ends her sentence with a kiss.

Understand that you've both gone through hell with your families in order to be with each other.

Does what she said imply that she intends to spend the rest of her life with you? How would you interpret that?

Ladies, if you would like to give your input, don't hesitate to do so.
wumingsden
dan751 wrote:
In theory, if one has been dating a girl for a while (and you both love each other so very much), your last day that week to see her was Friday, and you can't see her over the weekend. You're spending time with her on the Friday, and when it's time that she leave, neither you nor her want to leave, because you want to stay there together, she says that she'll see you again on Monday, because you're not allowed to see her during the weekend (for reasons beyond yours or her control), and she says "Hey, we have the rest of our lives." And she ends her sentence with a kiss.

Understand that you've both gone through hell with your families in order to be with each other.

Does what she said imply that she intends to spend the rest of her life with you? How would you interpret that?

Ladies, if you would like to give your input, don't hesitate to do so.

Well, I'm not a lady, but I'm mistaken for one a lot. I am however a gay guy. the next best thing (or the best thing?) to go to for relationship advice.

It can certainly be taken in two ways. The best way to think of how they meant it is how you want it to mean. If, for examplele, this thread was about you, and your girlfriend said to you "Hey, we have the rest of our lives." and you want it to mean that she means you'll be together forever then take it as that. If however you want it to be just a phrase that people say (its certainly used a lot in this way), then take it that way instead.
If I were in your shoes I'd think she said it just as a phrase, although she probably does mean it. If you've gone through so much just to be with each other then theres no reason to think that she wouldn't want to spend the rest of her life with you.
imera
Are you afraid of binding?

If someone is afraid then that means they shouldn't be together, or at least not before he or she has grown up and find out what is important.

and 'the rest of your life', now braking up even after saying that or divorcing is a bit more normal thing, so only because she said that it doesn’t mean you are stuck with her the rest of your life, in case that is something you don't want.

Since you had gone true so much trouble to be together then why shouldn't you at least try, or not worry about it, and it seem to me that you are pretty much in love.

My story with my boyfriend is a bit different, since he lives now in Morocco and I in Norway we have problems with the distance, we will both continue at school and we both try our best to keep in touch. With my first boyfriend we had to live apart because of the distance, and that was only two hours in the distance. We weren’t that good of a couple since we couldn't keep it up, not that I didn't love him. With my new boyfriend it's different, I have so much in common with him, he is mostly what I want in a man and we know we will make it work.

Finding the right person to want to live your life with is hard, you just have to try and see if you want to be with your girlfriend that much, even if the phrase was just a phrase with no hidden words. Take your time, there is no rush. Good luck by the way with your relationship
wise
Imo, it is only that we have all our live to spend together. That's all. Have courage.
dan751
@imera: I'm not afraid of binding. With respect to the situation I presented, the guy really does want to spend the rest of his life with her, he's not afraid of binding. He loves her so deeply.
Really why I made this thread, was because I was curious as to what she may have meant, but the only real way to find out, is to ask her. Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it. Smile
imera
Then there is no problem Smile Hope you two will have a great time and many happy years Smile Just don't get to serious in a relationship, have lots of fun and be childish Razz
dan751
imera wrote:
Then there is no problem Smile Hope you two will have a great time and many happy years Smile Just don't get to serious in a relationship, have lots of fun and be childish Razz

All they do together is have fun and be silly/childish, it seems like it's in their nature. Very Happy If there is a time to be serious, they're only serious about it for like 15 minutes.

Thanks everyone for all the help. Smile