FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Omg Why!!!!!!!!!!

WinGate
I'm a very huge fan of Gears of War and I still can΄t understand why God hates my beloved game so much.
One day while I was having another great frag session online, Mighty Thor came with his Great Hammer and sent a big noisy thunder to my block and suddenly WHAM!!! All the electricity started to fluctuate very weird and then my Xbox did this strange noise. A blackout sent all my happines to a big dark hole of broken dreams. Ok... it wasn't a big deal right?
But when electricity returned my life changed forever

Y started to freak out (OMG!!! WTF!!! WHY!!! WHY MIGHTY THOR WHY!!!)

My Gears of War game had this fissure from the middle to all over the edge. And of course my Xbox never again recognized my copy.
Oh! and also it displays this really strange message.
To view this disc put it on an Xbox 360

Am I the only person in the world that has problems with mighty Thor? Please tell me that this is just a bad dream.
Take it as a warning
Mighty Thor is out there tryng to mess up your games so please proceed with caution.
Magicman
Were you playing during a thunderstorm? That would make your risk of damaging your game really high.
Kaisonic
"To view this disc put it on an Xbox 360"? That's exactly the kind of error message Microsoft would put in something like the 360.
coreymanshack
Kaisonic wrote:
"To view this disc put it on an Xbox 360"? That's exactly the kind of error message Microsoft would put in something like the 360.

Sounds to me like they based their xbox OS off of something called windows?
Nutteloos
That's why most parents warn their kids to turn off the tv/computer when there's a thunderstorm. Tough luck mate. Sad
Packfan104L4
Use a power strip with a surge protector. It's just dumb if you're playing unprotected, and I mean that in the most un-dirty way possible.
Agent ME
The reason the disk says that is because all xbox1 and 360 disks are both game data disks and dvd video disks, so if you put it into a dvd player it will play the video telling you that it goes into a 360.
If the disk was scratched in a way that the console couldn't read the game data, then it will think it's just a dvd video and will play the video.

Anyway, Gears of War is only like $50/$60 bucks, and if you like shooters, you're probably going to buy Halo 3 in 2 days and not play anything else for a year. Razz Better to have a disk break right as you get a new game than some other time. But if you aren't into Halo... rebuy GoW?
coreymanshack
Agent ME wrote:
The reason the disk says that is because all xbox1 and 360 disks are both game data disks and dvd video disks, so if you put it into a dvd player it will play the video telling you that it goes into a 360.
If the disk was scratched in a way that the console couldn't read the game data, then it will think it's just a dvd video and will play the video.

Anyway, Gears of War is only like $50/$60 bucks, and if you like shooters, you're probably going to buy Halo 3 in 2 days and not play anything else for a year. Razz Better to have a disk break right as you get a new game than some other time. But if you aren't into Halo... rebuy GoW?

Only $50/$60 bucks? How much money you make an hour bud? Assume everyone makes minimum wage when making statements like that please Very Happy
kicy
You could download load a backup, i think its legal since you have a copy.
mynameis
thats happened to me too my gears of war disc was scratched by the disc drive... but i got that fixed and my oblivion too.

Playing farcry one day it suddenly freezed while playing online, I then rebooted it but then i got the 3 red lights (Hardware Failiure) and I felt static from the console.

But I managed to get it working again after I left it unplugged for a while.

Still Microsoft Extended the 360 warrenty from 1 year to 3 years so were all pretty much sorted till 2009.