FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone know why this is happening?

datter
In IE my blog loads up quickly with no issues, in Firefox however there's a pause while the main content background loads. I just nabbed this theme off the web and I find that others who use it have the same issue. Just curious if anyone might know why Firefox has this little hiccup and IE does not.

http://www.datter.com

Thanks,
datter
imagefree
i m too using the same template for wordpress. see at http://www.novice2pro.uni.cc/ .
I have not yet started it yet. Will you please see it and tell me whether the same problem exist in my case too?
Peterssidan
Maybe firefox begin to draw draw the page before it has finished to load. IE maybe wait until it have more of the page. Just a theory.
It only look like that on the bigger pages.
littlegiant
I'm seeing the same thing in Seamonkey so it could be a issue with the Gecko rendering engine in general. I don't know if there's much you could do about that and it would probably be a major nightmare attempting to debug it. It could be anything, javascript, css, in the HTML or a combination of things. By the way, your page throws 37 errors in the W3C HTML validator (which is not unusual for Wordpress themes).

Nice site by the way... Smile
datter
hmm, not happening on imagefree's site at all.
datter
ok, I just happened to sort it out. I thought about it a bit after making the above post and came to the conclusion that one of my plugins was the culprit. Sure enough, the issue went away completely after turning off the mybloglog widget I had displaying recent viewers of the site.