FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WND Telecom's weirdest phone!

gsmlover
Weirdest phone! Some WND Telecom phone called Atom Van Gogh!
check it out: www.wndtelecom.com
GSIS
Nice idea, but I can't see the point in having two sides when dual sims can work happily with just one. Confused
exarkun
Well there are just some smart alec out there that try to show the others that they are able to utilise the technology efficiently.

But I see no point as well, as there is this rule: "If it is not broken, do not fix it". It works the same way. Adding something else when it is enough will be useless and maybe will cost us more. The only good thing about it is that we can brag and show it to our neighbours. =p
Bockman
Actually, you guys are talking about the WND Wind DUO 2000 that is two sided.
I don't know how other duals work with one screen (can I make/take calls on both cards simultaneously?) but i see a use for it. My dad for example carries two mobile phones and would love to just use one...

The WND Atom Van Gogh is actually quite nice too.

Be Well Cool
hbbear
Bockman wrote:
Actually, you guys are talking about the WND Wind DUO 2000 that is two sided.
I don't know how other duals work with one screen (can I make/take calls on both cards simultaneously?) but i see a use for it. My dad for example carries two mobile phones and would love to just use one...

The WND Atom Van Gogh is actually quite nice too.

Be Well Cool

I think the Van Gogh is pretty ugly. Rolling Eyes

The duo has a good concept, however I don't think I'd like to carry it around with me.
yo.hassan
have heard about SPRINT? not the famous carrier but this one is chinese phone manufacturing company. recently it released a phone which also support dual sim and both lines can be put in standby mode or off at will! this feature may be very helpful for busy and people that travels alot. personally i love the idea because i use two sim. one for office and another for FnF
GSIS
Actually - there may be a point.

AFAIK ordinary twin sim phones can't use both at the same time. They have to be switched to one, the other, or neither so incoming calls can be missed.

This phone has both sims active at the same time.

The point about making two simultaneous calls is a bit of a joke. You might have two ears but you've only got one mouth ... Rolling Eyes
zichlone
ok thats not even cool
gsmlover
Man, I love those WND phones, those guys are crazy!!
Did you check that Atom Duo? It has a gravity sensor, you just flip your phone and you're on the other line!!!
I hope those phones are as nice as they seem to be Confused
Donutey
Argh... It's sort of sad that the US really has pretty old and outdated phones. Just look at what virgin mobile offers in the US vs Canada. Or that one of the best selling phones is the original razr (although updated) which came out in 03...
ForceRun
Instead of making crazy looking phone they should work more on making them better. More useful features, better voice quality, and so on.
gsmlover
Anyone knows if the mobile phones are available in the US and where I can find them?
Indyan
That looks ugly!
gsmlover
The Duo 2200 is sold on www.truegsm.com

But I couldn't find the Atom Van Gogh...

Did anyone try to order the Duo 2200 through this link?
hunnyhiteshseth
exarkun wrote:
Well there are just some smart alec out there that try to show the others that they are able to utilise the technology efficiently.

But I see no point as well, as there is this rule: "If it is not broken, do not fix it". It works the same way. Adding something else when it is enough will be useless and maybe will cost us more. The only good thing about it is that we can brag and show it to our neighbours. =p

Well its not broken but dual sim is quite useful(at least in my friend circle). The thing is almost most f us have ome old mobile numbers which are circulated to everybody, now if some telecom operator releases a scheme for few months, we buy that sim use it for scheme months and then dump it. During those days its pain-in-the-ass to change sims for making calls.
SpellcasterDX
Hmm innovative idea I suppose. But kind of ridiculous IMO. To each their own, I guess.
misterXY
when i was working in the trades i carried four cells, these phones are sexy compared to the workphones id kill for anyday, which we're responsible for? boss was a CHEAPsake. Evil or Very Mad