FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

vacation/extended leave

samples-surveys
is it possible to alert the frihost team of a vacation or extended leave so as to not be penalized for periodic inactivity?

once a month i leave town for a few days at a time and don't have access to internet and i am not able to remain an active member on the forums, i've received 2 inactivity warnings at a cost of 10 points while out on business. is there anything i can do?
rvec
a warning doesn't cost you anything. It just warns you. And if you post on the forums you can get up to 45 points. This means you can stay away for about 50 days. And If you're a good member Bondings might even give you longer.

And this has been suggested before. Please use the search function next time before making a new topic.
pampoon
rvec pretty much got what I wanted to say, but I'll just add a little bit.

If you know you're going to be leaving for a while, then just before you leave get your points up to 45 or above and then leave. If you're gone more then 50 days, then you're in a horrible business (my opinion). I'd hate to be away from home, and FRIHost Smile , for that long.

God bless Wink ,
Pampoon
ocalhoun
rvec wrote:
This means you can stay away for about 50 days. And If you're a good member Bondings might even give you longer.

That's reassuring; I was worried about my account during the time that I would go to air force basic training: I would have to go for at least 6.5 weeks without any internet access whatsoever. So, as long as I'm a 'good' member, I don't need to worry, right?
tidruG
ocalhoun wrote:
That's reassuring; I was worried about my account during the time that I would go to air force basic training: I would have to go for at least 6.5 weeks without any internet access whatsoever. So, as long as I'm a 'good' member, I don't need to worry, right?
ocalhoun, your past posting pattern has shown you to be a good, contributive member who is generally quite regular at the forums. 6.5 weeks of inactivity won't get your account deleted :)

samples-survey wrote:
once a month i leave town for a few days at a time and don't have access to internet and i am not able to remain an active member on the forums, i've received 2 inactivity warnings at a cost of 10 points while out on business. is there anything i can do?
samples-survey, your job requires you to be away from home once a month for a few days. However, you still have the rest of the month to make up all your points. However, so far, you have only posted on 2 days in July, 2 days in August, and 1 day in September. Your posting pattern does not encourage a line of thought that suggests that you are interested in posting on our forums or being an active member here.