FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Vista did not steal ideas from Mac OS X!

bostko
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TaIUkwPybtM
Just no coment! Microsoft rulzzzzzz!
RubySlasher
LOL! The guy is all re-arranging the dashboard on the mac to make it look different from the Window's set-up. XD
coreymanshack
Isn't vista just an eye candy from xp? With a few more new features?

A rip off of a design doesn't mean that you copy it pixel by pixel, of course some things are going to be in different spots. Heck, you can even make them go to different spots.

Yes, I know this was a joke. He is actually proving that they did copy it.
Liu
vista just eye candy?

It's more like a downgrade.
xkobram
bostko wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TaIUkwPybtM
Just no coment! Microsoft rulzzzzzz!

Nice joke, like trying us say dog is a vegetarian cause he eats grass...
Bockman
xkobram, he was using sarcasm...
xkobram
Bockman wrote:
xkobram, he was using sarcasm...

I wasn't sure about that. Just for case I asked, I'm not pretty good of understanding sarcasm in foreign language.
max2500
I don't get why so many people have negative views to vista, have u actually used it for any length of time?

Vista is great if u have a good enough system to run it smoothly, which actually doesn't take much, 1 gig of ram a decent processor n graphics card. which most people have these days.

I couldn't go back to xp, there just too many little things that make vista so much more productive and better to use.
Jaan
Vista is great but it takes away alot of control from you.

OSX86 rules!
aster
I think there must be at least some similar ideas which arose this quarrel between the two operating system. Now we can call it study or steal. As we know the correlative laws treat this seriously, But how can we just? It must takes a long time usually because of the problem caused by study skills. None compay were so stupid to copy completely the same. So it is steal or just similar?
tidruG
1. Funny link - could be posted in Jokes, but it's not an outright joke.
2. Operating Systems - yes, I think I'll move this to the Operating Systems forum :)

My comment on the topic - I don't care what Vista looks like, and I wouldn't care less if Microsoft had copied everything off OSX. Having used neither Vista nor OSX, all I should say is that as long as one of them works better for me, I'd use it.
ocalhoun
Copying is not at all unusual anyway...
I don't suppose anybody noticed that the newest versions of KDE have a very vista-like 'start menu'.
Copying makes all the OS's better. But why can't Microsoft figure out multiple desktops?
tidruG
Quote:
But why can't Microsoft figure out multiple desktops?

My very wild guess....... multiple desktops would be too confusing for noobs. Wasn't that the reason they gave for being hesitant about using tabs in IE?
bostko
ocalhoun wrote:
I don't suppose anybody noticed that the newest versions of KDE have a very vista-like 'start menu'.
Copying makes all the OS's better. But why can't Microsoft figure out multiple desktops?

I agree with you. But why M$ have to make money with somebody else's ideas. They have no right to sell that!
Billy introduce it like something novel and handy but actually, all is copied and old. He discovered America again.
carlospro7
nice video, really made me laugh. Laughing
Sphaerenkern
I already know that, but it seems to be true:
I sat in our school's library with my MacBook once and someone asked me "OMG YOU HAVE VISTA?" Very Happy
coreymanshack
max2500 wrote:
I don't get why so many people have negative views to vista, have u actually used it for any length of time?

Vista is great if u have a good enough system to run it smoothly, which actually doesn't take much, 1 gig of ram a decent processor n graphics card. which most people have these days.

I couldn't go back to xp, there just too many little things that make vista so much more productive and better to use.

I used it for a length of time with a better system than that. It all depends on what you were doing with your operating system. Also it depends on if you are a power user or not. You probably just played games with it Very Happy
qscomputing
coreymanshack wrote:
Isn't vista just an eye candy from xp? With a few more new features?

Uhm no it's completely different. There are a few new good features, I admit, but the big thing with Vista is how much your computer is locked down by the DRM and "security" features that Microsoft added.
brucedes
max2500 wrote:

Have I used Vista? God yes, they installed it at work. Two times now it has crashed for no reason while I was working on important stuff and it often freezes up when doing something as simple as clicking the goddamn start button!

And they are good machines: 2.3Ghz processors with 2Gb of RAM.
unique
i got vista too but the arguments he says are just laughable. (example the search).....
lukand
brucedes wrote:
max2500 wrote:

Have I used Vista? God yes, they installed it at work. Two times now it has crashed for no reason while I was working on important stuff and it often freezes up when doing something as simple as clicking the goddamn start button!

And they are good machines: 2.3Ghz processors with 2Gb of RAM.

I have computer which have 3 GHz proccessor and 3 gb ram and MS vista didn't worked

Why vista don't work on my computer, but Xp work without problems

bye
BlueVD
ocalhoun wrote:

I guess you want to say Vista has a start menu like KDE... Look way back to the days of Win95... The GUI was pretty much of a ripoff from an early RedHat linux GUI.... MS sucks Smile
ammonkc
David Pogue is awesome. His videos are always hilarious. He lays the sarcasm on pretty thick.