FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

check it and tell me why I screwed up

Deias
Well I am new to this whole web design thing so I really could use your input to make it that much better

www.gamer-haven.frih.net
newso
Not bad considering your new web design. There are however a few things i reccomend to improve the website.

Starting with the navigation buttons to the left of the page. I reccomend that all the font is the same style, size and color. At the moment they dont look good and are making your page look ugly.

The text , pictures and titles are currently out of line and by lining them up properly would improve your pages look a lot.

The text colour on the page may be bad to see for people who cant see well.

Looking good though, keep it up!
irishmark
The main body of text is ontop of an image which makes it very difficult to read.

Either loose the image or bring the images opacity down considerably to improove the text's visibility.
cavey
Blue text on blue background is very difficult to read - almost impossible. Some of the pictures aren't working (the three on the right side) because you have linked to a local file on your computer which we of course cannot access: Example: file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Compaq_Owner/My%20Documents/bloodmoon/accelerando
Even your css-file is on your local computer.

I see some are talking about an image behind the text, I cannot see any images

The address http://www.bloodmoon.frih.net/ is not working btw.
benjad
Howdy,
If you are new to web design, I would only use dreamweaver or front page for a very short period of time, to get a feel for how web design works, then abandon them very quickly... they are the cause of your bad links.

change the links to relative link (without paths)...
SamiTheBerber
Site has nice, but big background. Some of the links are out of order. The layout is pretty nice, but some of the components don't fit on their spots. The code is invalid. You could correct it by addind alt-attribute in img-tags. You should also revome tabindex, if you don't use it.