FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MS Access 2007 compatibility with MS Access 2003/XP

Kelvin
I need some help here to get the newer version of MS Access 2007 to access the older version of Access 2003/XP database. The database was created using Access XP and is password protected. The problem is I am unable to get Access 2007 to connect to the database. I keep getting the "You do not have the necessary permission to..." error message when accessing the file. Does anyone knows how to join the workgroup under Access 2007 or another way to access the database? I'm the administrator, so I won't be contacting myself. Currently too pre-occupied on a production schedule to settle this problem and would be grateful for some assistance here. Thanks!
Talk2Tom11
One thing I am sure of is that 2007 is backwards compatible... so it definitely should work somehow.
Studio Madcrow
Access compatability has always been a HUGE problem. Probably the smartests thing to do would be to have your database plus the old version of Access on one computer on a network and have the new version on your main machine. You could then access the old database as a networked ODBC source. You'd lose your forms and macros, but you'd at least have access to your tables and queries that way.