FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mysql slow?

Diablosblizz
Is there any way to increase the mysql speed? Because it takes forever to connect to the database and show my files..

Is there a program I need to increase the speed to the mysql server?

Thanks.

EDIT: I am connecting to Frihost's MYSQL (read my other post in this forum)
mathiaus
No special programs (that I know of). Are you sure it's the connections and not your queries that are slow?
If your using frihost's mysql remotely, it will of course be slower. (The word 'remote' is the reason why)
Diablosblizz
So for best results (faster) just host myself? The problem is I don't got much ram... so..
Bondings
Using a database at the other end of the world is usually pretty slow since for each time you need to make a connection and transfer the data. If you have several queries on one page, then that will cause a very long page load. Better use a database on the save server/computer or on a server in the same network.
Diablosblizz
Okay thanks Bondings, question though. If you host it on localhost (make the connection connect to localhost) does the "querys" even go to the internet? Or does it just query it in the mysql?

Kind Regards.
coreymanshack
Diablosblizz wrote:
Okay thanks Bondings, question though. If you host it on localhost (make the connection connect to localhost) does the "querys" even go to the internet? Or does it just query it in the mysql?

Kind Regards.

NO querys go TO the internet. I really dont understand what you are asking. PHP querys mysql and php gets the data it needs then apache serves everything up as plain html.
Diablosblizz
Yes, but I am running a program that attempts to get to the mysql. So does that still go to the INTERNET and then COME BACK TO THE SAME COMPUTER and query in the mysql database?

No files are viewed on apache.
coreymanshack
Diablosblizz wrote:
Yes, but I am running a program that attempts to get to the mysql. So does that still go to the INTERNET and then COME BACK TO THE SAME COMPUTER and query in the mysql database?

No files are viewed on apache.

I didnt think frihost supported remote mysql, I thought you could only use it from localhost.
Diablosblizz
They do, but I am now talking about a local mysql server. Okay to explain better:

1. The program is on one computer.
2. The mysql query is on the SAME computer

Does the program (that does querys like SELECT * FROM `table`) send the query to the internet, and then come back to the SAME computer and put the mysql query into the mysql?

Or does it just go straight to the computer?
coreymanshack
Diablosblizz wrote:
They do, but I am now talking about a local mysql server. Okay to explain better:

1. The program is on one computer.
2. The mysql query is on the SAME computer

Does the program (that does querys like SELECT * FROM `table`) send the query to the internet, and then come back to the SAME computer and put the mysql query into the mysql?

Or does it just go straight to the computer?

I think you have a misunderstanding of what the internet is.

The internet is a large network of interconnected computers.

The computer you're on isn't gonna send out information to nothing and it just float as a current on a wire.

The program will likely do all of its work from the same computer, because mysql and the program are installed on it. There would be no internet connection required.
Diablosblizz
Quote:
There would be no internet connection required.

Thats what I was looking for. Merci.
coreymanshack
Diablosblizz wrote:
Quote:
There would be no internet connection required.

Thats what I was looking for. Merci.

You're very welcome.