FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sony NW-A608 (AKA MP3 player problems)

zanzou
I'm not really sure if this should be under hardware/electronics or software, but hopefully you'll be able to direct me to the right place if I'm wrong.

I have a Sony NW-A608 mp3 player, and I've recently bought a new laptop (with Vista). It's been a while since I've used the installation cd to make it possible to transfer music to the mp3 player, so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong, because when I try to open it up to put on/take off music, I get the message "Limited User Accounts are not supported".

I have no idea what this means. During the installation process, there was nothing that would have marked me as a limited user (unless the cd itself did that???), and I've gone through all the registration stuff in an attempt to make the little pop-up go away, but no luck.

D: I have no idea what to do to make my mp3 player work with this new computer. Ideas?
coreymanshack
zanzou wrote:
I'm not really sure if this should be under hardware/electronics or software, but hopefully you'll be able to direct me to the right place if I'm wrong.

I have a Sony NW-A608 mp3 player, and I've recently bought a new laptop (with Vista). It's been a while since I've used the installation cd to make it possible to transfer music to the mp3 player, so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong, because when I try to open it up to put on/take off music, I get the message "Limited User Accounts are not supported".

I have no idea what this means. During the installation process, there was nothing that would have marked me as a limited user (unless the cd itself did that???), and I've gone through all the registration stuff in an attempt to make the little pop-up go away, but no luck.

D: I have no idea what to do to make my mp3 player work with this new computer. Ideas?

Sounds to me as if the drivers are not supported in vista, go to the sony website and look up your product and it should say something about that.
Arnie
The message indicates you should be logged in as power user / Administrator to operate the software. Not a good thing security-wise, but probably your only option. Or check out disabling UAC.
zanzou
Arnie wrote:
The message indicates you should be logged in as power user / Administrator to operate the software. Not a good thing security-wise, but probably your only option. Or check out disabling UAC.

That seems to have done it. :) Thanks very much! I'm trying the installation again now.