FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

wht are the odds for rowling writing books related to harry

faheemnadeem
what are the chances for rowling t continue the tail of harrypotter in a new fashion or writing some related books as those of the two she has already written... any guessess or facts please mention!!!
wumingsden
faheemnadeem wrote:
what are the chances for rowling t continue the tail of harrypotter in a new fashion or writing some related books as those of the two she has already written... any guessess or facts please mention!!!

The same as me winning the lottery which I do not play ... if she has any sense, that is.
Jakob [JaWGames]
I don't think that it will be more books with Harry as the mailcharacter (besides of the World of Harry Potter books which surely will come) but it would not surprise me the slightest if she chose to write more books which is related to the Harry Potter world in some way.

In time we will see..
SlowWalkere
wumingsden wrote:
The same as me winning the lottery which I do not play ... if she has any sense, that is.

Why waste an incredibly successful and established franchise?

Sure, the book won't focus on Harry and his crew anymore. However, that doesn't rule out whole other series that focus on life before and after Harry.

It's common for fantasy writers to stick to one world setting and flesh it out over many many books. Take Terry Brooks, for example. The initial Shannara series was only a couple of books, but he wrote several other short series of books focusing on the same world.

Each set inter-twined with the pre-existing books in some way, and it enhanced the depth of the entire storyline. It was no longer just a series of books about a small group of characters, it was the story of an entire fantasy setting.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new series related in some way to Harry Potter in the next few years. Money always comes a calling.

- Walkere
TurtleShell
I'd rather see what else JK Rowling can do. If she just wanted to write about the Hogwarts/magic world and leave Harry Potter out of it, I'd certainly be interested in reading it, and would have high hopes and what not (part of the reason everyone embraced it was because it was such a well-envisioned universe, nothing wrong with coming back to it from time to time), but I'm more interested right now in finding out what else is in Rowling's head... I think she must have more fantasies waiting to reveal themselves. I'd like to know what they are.
wumingsden
Rowling has stated that the Hp series is over, and that she wishes she show critics that she has diversity. Writing another book, or series' of books, involving HP in any form will go against her word, which she doesn't do. At the moment I believe she's writing a crime novel, set in (possibly) Edinburgh or Cardiff.

My first reply was more of an opinion. I personally don't think she'll ever touch the HP storyline again because (in my opinion), the whole HP scenario has been fully achieved, it seemed that most people were annoyed at how rubbish the HP ending was, and you can only write about a specific thing for a certain amount of time before it becomes too tedious ...

hence, if she has any sense, she'll leave HP well alone (like she has stated she will do).
RubySlasher
She said she'd write tomes or whatever like the one's from the Harry Potter world and sell them for charity or whatever. But that's about it.
Genesiz
I think fans would be (not annoyed, disappointed) if Rowling didn't write some more books that aren't related to HP. Of course the HP series is great, but that's finished now, and she can't go on writing more stories about Harry.

I do believe she is thinking of writing a kind of HP Encyclopedia with information about the HP world that wasn't in the book, which i will look forward to, buti think Harry's journey has ended.

If anybody can clarify any of this, i will be very thankful.
roboguyspacedude
I thinks he won't, though she might write something else. However, for money it would be good if she wrote more because a lot of people would buy them.
Nameless
roboguyspacedude wrote:
However, for money it would be good if she wrote more because a lot of people would buy them.

I don't think Rowling is now going to have any problems with money ... ever. Which means that she'll probably just write what she wants to write, and all her fans will all have to collectively get over it.
Magicman
I doubt that Rowling will write more Harry Potter books unless she somehow manages to lose all her money which seems doubtful. She has enough money so now so she doesn't really have to write what the public wants. She can write what she wants and thats what it appears she is doing.
Text-Bears
Despite all this I hope that JK Rowling can write books on perhaps Harry Potter's Children. I really hope so as I'm a fan of HP and I think it's a waste to leave it hanging in the air like that. I'm really curious about Teddy. I think developing a storyline with Teddy as the main character would be ideal for me. My friends have told me rumors that JK is writing an 8th book on HP. Can anyone clarify that?
coyote
This reminds me of talking to my friends about Halo's continuation. It IS a huge franchise, but the people that made it are tired of it. Not to say they didn't enjoy it, but they would much rather do something else, even at the risk of it not being as big of a hit as before. I would not count on J.K. writing any more Harry Potter, but I would almost guarantee that she'll write something else.
Nutteloos
I think the odds of Rowling writing a book in which Harry plays some role (however small that may be) are nearing 100%. She's definitely not crazy, and there's much money to be made with it. The fans will either hate her or love her for it, but more is on the way, definitely.