FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Birmingham UK (Brand New Vertical Themepark 620ft)

newso
The VerTiPlex, Birmingham. A searing 200m (620ft) tower. Stunning observation galleries. Sky-high adrenalin rides, family rides and extreme activities. An array of restaurants, bars, shops and a hotel.

VTP200 will be a world first, built in the heart of Birmingham, in the 6bn Eastside Regeneration area adjacent to Millennium Point and the city centre.

The VTP will be a great new icon for the people of Birmingham, and a global landmark for a city alive with possibility.

For more information and for a video just check this website.

http://www.vtp200.com

What does everyone think of it, i personally like it. I think is going to add even more character to the city. Its very unique
otiscom
Well, if that's you like good luck to you.

Not my, or many other people's liking.
AftershockVibe
To be perfectly honest, anything they drop in the middle of Birmingham will be an improvement.
newso
AftershockVibe wrote:
To be perfectly honest, anything they drop in the middle of Birmingham will be an improvement.

Are you trying to funny or something. Birmingham has some really good attractions here. An this is a world first building of its type.
GSIS
"Birmingham" and "character". Two words I'd not expect to see in the same sentence - unless they're separated by "totally devoid of".

This new building is certainly not going to add to the character - it'll only add to Brum's reputation as Chav City.

Added - after checking the web site I guess the only good thing I can add is that Birmingham City Council don't seem to be investing in it. Finally a sensible decision from BCC!
newso
Chav city, lol we aint as bad as manchester, sheffield, liverpool and proberly loads of other citys.

its so obvious you all come from citys who hate brummies anyway. Proberly most likley cocneys
AftershockVibe
newso wrote:
Chav city, lol we aint as bad as manchester, sheffield, liverpool and proberly loads of other citys.

its so obvious you all come from citys who hate brummies anyway. Proberly most likley cocneys

Heh, I sense wounded pride.
I'll admit that my opinion of Birmingham is slightly tainted because most of my experience of it has related from the hell hole that is Birmingham New Street Station and what is visible from the approach on the train. Namely: a concrete mess.

You're right that other cities have similar crimes to answer for as well though Wink
GSIS
newso wrote:

AftershockVibe wrote:
my opinion of Birmingham is slightly tainted because most of my experience of it has related from the hell hole that is Birmingham New Street Station

LOL.

My view of Birmingham is based on the fact that I've lived and worked there for the last 7 years ...
newso
AftershockVibe wrote:
newso wrote:

Heh, I sense wounded pride.
I'll admit that my opinion of Birmingham is slightly tainted because most of my experience of it has related from the hell hole that is Birmingham New Street Station and what is visible from the approach on the train. Namely: a concrete mess.

You're right that other cities have similar crimes to answer for as well though Wink

New Street Station is being rebuilt. a 2billion investment. there are worse places in the country. London is worse for trains and stuff.

im proud to be a brummie !
Aless
Ahhh, good ol' Birmingham. Anything new & modern they can build to improve the skyline will only be an improvement! The city can use lots of help, so even though this weird new building might look a bit strange at first, I guess it can't hurt!
AftershockVibe
newso wrote:

New Street Station is being rebuilt. a 2billion investment. there are worse places in the country. London is worse for trains and stuff.

im proud to be a brummie !

Heh, nowt like civic pride Very Happy
Even Wikipedia disagrees though! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_New_Street#Criticism)
And no, I didn't write that. Looks like you were right about liverpool though! Wink

Anyway... from the plans you posted at the top it looks like there'll be a nice bit of greenery around the theme park as well which is always a bonus. Depends on the actualy plans though as to whether people are going to be queuing around the outside of the building spoiling the effect.
newso
yeah we know about new street station though. Thats why were are completley re building it. I dont know why people dislike us so much though. We have a lot of great things here, and like i said before. There are alot of worse citys in the UK.

Traffic is worse in london than anywhere. Liverpool, dont leave anything around cuz it wont be there when you get back. Sheffield has more chavs than anyone. Manchester is made out of concerete. Bristol and other citys have major drug problems.
newso
Here are just a few developments taking place over the next few years. Things are looking great for the city.

The Public

10,000m community arts centre - the largest in Europe - including art galleries, studio spaces, a 330 seat theatre/performance/conference space, bars, a restaurant, offices and incubator space for small businesses in the creative industries.
Developer: The Public Ltd
Architects: Alsop Architects

The VerTiPlex

The VerTiPlex, Birmingham.
A searing 200m tower. Stunning observation galleries. Sky-high adrenalin rides, family rides and extreme activities. An array of restaurants, bars, shops and a hotel. VTP200 will be a world first, built in the heart of Birmingham, in the 6bn Eastside Regeneration area adjacent to Millennium Point and the city centre.

City of Birmingham Stadium and Sports Village

City of Birmingham Stadium and Sports Village
55,000 capacity stadium as part of wider development including sports village, residential and commercial property
Developer: Birmingham City FC

Snow Hill

67,086m of Grade A office space, 4,645m of retail and leisure, 300 flats and a 180 bed hotel in 4 buildings, the tallest 43 storeys/136m high
Developer: RT Group Developments (Snowhill) Ltd
Architects: Sidell Gibson Architects/Glenn Howells Architects

Birmingham Gateway - New Street Station

Redevelopment of the busiest railway station outside London to increase passenger capacity by 50% and bring natural light to concourse level. Current plans include two 136m towers - each 45 storeys of residential or 34 storeys of offices.
Developer: Advantage West Midlands/Birmingham City Council/Centro/Network Rail
Architects: John McAslan & Partners

The Cube

244 flats, 12,420m of office space, 2,233m hotel & 10,269m of retail/food and drink space in 19 storey/70.4m tower clad in anodised aluminium fretwork.
Developer: Birmingham Development Company And Salvage Wharf Ltd
Architects: MAKE Architects

Arena Central

1,100 flats & 213,677m of A1/A2/A3/B1 commercial floorspace. Phase 1 to include 48 storey 152m residential tower.
Developer: Miller Developments/Bridgehouse Capital/Dandara
Architects: HOK International (Masterplanners), Eric Kuhne (Phase 1)

Digbeth Coach Station

16 bay, 2,446m coach station.
Developer: National Express
Architects: MAKE Architects

Park Central

1,674 flats, 224 houses, 26,500m of B1 office space, 6,000m of A1/A2/A3 retail, leisure and related uses and 3.25ha of public parkland.
Developer: Crest Nicholson Developments
Architects: Gardner Stewart Architects

Birmingham Super Hospital

1,213 bed hospital to replace the existing QE, QE Psychiatric and Selly Oak Hospitals.
Developer: University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
Architects: Building Design Partnership

Hemisphere

344 flats between Edgbaston Cricket Ground and Cannon Hill Park.Developer: Calthorpe Estates/Redrow Homes (West Midlands) Ltd
Architects: Ruddle Wilkinson

Edgbaston Cricket Ground extension

Redevelopment of pavillion and stands to take capacity over 25,000
Developer: Warwickshire County Cricket Club
Architects: Broadway Malyan

Custard Factory Extension

Northern extension of Custard Factory arts and media village with 15,000m of office space and ground floor retail built around central open atrium. The River Rea runs through the building.
Developer: Custard Factory
Architects: Amin Taha Architects
GSIS
newso wrote:
Things are looking great for the city.

But ...

- It'll still be Birmingham.

- It'll still be infested with the same people.

- Almost none of the new homes will be affordable.

- There is already too much office space in Birmingham so much of the new will remain unoccupied or much of the old will be vacated leaving it to fall into decay.

- The new buildings will have to be replaced within 25 to 40 years as modern construction techniques and materials do not have the longevity of the old ones.

- The new super-hospital is a PFI. It will substantially increase NHS debts as investors want a significant return on their investment. Inevitably the public the NHS is meant to serve will suffer as the NHS moves over to serving the interests of investors and big business - but at least the public will have a shiny new hospital building. Eventually the NHS will cease to exist - mainly as a result of PFI driven debt. We will all be forced to pay for private medical treatment. Those who cannot afford it will either go without or receive only very basic second-rate treatment for anything that needs much more than an Aspirin or an Elastoplast.
newso
HNS is 900million in dept. Not being funny right, but the cocney twits are spending 2billion+ on the olympics.

Also, how will it increase depts, closing three hospitals and creating one new super hospital will be easyer to run.

We have office space and need even more. Because we are an expanding city. The countrys 2nd City in fact.

Theres good people and bad people in every city. I know london, manchester and liverpool are all worse than birmingham.

Theres new house all over birmingham, some are cheap, some are expensive. We have some great products.

After reading your comments, its clear your just being racist towards birmingham people.