FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anticipated Games

blinx
What are your most anticipated games for consoles this season? As a 360 owner it's natural that I am looking forward to Halo 3, and also another game called Assasins Creed, which looks absolutely amazing. I just can't wait....

...ahaha...
Seiji
As a Wii owner, I'm currently waiting for Super Mario Galaxy (which I know for a fact won't be a failure) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
blinx
Oh yeah... I have a Wii too. Those games look awesome!
Magicman
I can't wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl either.
askurmum
Of course Halo3, Assasins Creed but I'm also looking forward to the latest brothers in arms.
Klaw 2
well im waiting for

halo 3 26 september
half life episode 2 9 october
portals 9 october

3 games in 2 weeks Very Happy Very Happy
Kelcey
Despite most people going crazy over this year's releases... I'm really only interested in Assassin's Creed. I MIGHT get Halo 3 when the buy 2 get 1 free from toys r us comes around... but I'd need to want 2 more games at the time Razz
Packfan104L4
I'm definately looking forward to Brawl for the Wii, but in the short term, I'm looking forward to the Orange Box for the PC and Mercury Meltdown Revolution for the Wii since it's only 20 bucks
Nutteloos
I'm looking forward to Spore - if only to see what they made of it, if it's actually a good game that doesn't have The Sims written all over it.
PseudoKnight
TONS of good games coming...

Mass Effect
ET:QW
Spore
Halo 3
TF2 (just released a couple hours ago but I don't have it yet)
HL2: EP2
Portal
Left 4 Dead
UT3
Assassin's Creed
Sam & Max: Season 2

I'm most assuredly forgetting some.
ZeroXD
Although I am looking for to a few of the titles listed above, mainly assasins creed and smash brothers brawl (spore looked very interesting before also, but I'm also mainly just curious about it) the game I'm looking pretty forward to is an MMO (for PC of course) which is called Aion.

It looks completely amazing and i can't wait for it to be released.. but of course there's no solid release date yet...
Sarcas
Well for consoles only brawl at the moment for the party mode

I'm more of a pc gamer though, so mainly i'm looking forward to Starcraft 2 and Warhammer right now
Whong
One of the most anticipated games is Super Smash Bros Brawl!

Atleast among Wii gamers! Very Happy
PseudoKnight
I forgot. I am looking forward to World in Conflict too. (have been since they described the gameplay) It just came out today and is getting some rave reviews. (gonna be in the top 20 PC games on metacritic)
coreymanshack
For consoles, I'm most interested in the coming of Halo 3. Even though it is a microsoft game, it is a great game.

For PC I'm looking forward to Warhammer Online.
PseudoKnight
Even though it's a Microsoft game? What kind of qualifier is that? I know they have issues with the way they handle their business and operating software, but their game division rocks. They have some excellent developer studios and outstanding quality assurance people. Their business practices here aren't particularly bad either. At worst it's mainstream. If you want to find a bad publisher, it's easier to point to EA or Vivendi.

Warhammer Online is going to be a special MMO and I hope it does well. (and the quality meets the enthusiasm of the team making it) I have no interest of playing conventional MMOs, though. I don't have the time with all the other great games out! heh.

Rez HD is another on the list. Makes me wish for a 360 or a Games for Windows port.

I'd love to play Heavenly Sword, even if it's a rental. There's a few things that just sit right with me despite the (from an outside perspective) seeming button mashing combat.
exarkun
Oh My God! Did you all forget about STARCRAFT II ?

There are regular updates on the progress of the game and each and every one of the new units makes me even when to get my hands on them more.

And there is this Star Wars: Force Unleashed. Look for its trailer on youtube the secret apprentice that Darth Vader was having can single-handlely pulll down and destroy a Star Destroyer from space through the use of force.

Just hope next year arrive faster. All the above two games come out next year.
Packfan104L4
Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii is also probably going to be pretty sahweet!
mattchun
PSP-everything that doesn't need umd
XBox-GTA-4, oh my god I've been waiting for it for several years
PS-the new version of Winning Eleven 11(Pro Eveloution Soccer), there are always new versions to be released, right? although I've played the latest one for only 1 month.
PC-Football Manager 2008 and Live 2008 every year I'm dying for this two to release.

too much it seems ....
kicy
Half-Life ep2
Assasin's Creed

[DS]
Wakfu Twisted Evil
headie
Smash Bros. Brawl (as well as every other Wii owner...)
Guitar Hero 3
Rock Star (Provided I have the money by then)
Bleach for the Wii and DS (What can I say, I'm a Bleach junkie ^^)
moe-d
I always look forward to the Mario games. They never get old. Also looking forward to a Zelda game for the Wii.
greatfire
uhh twilight princess, sound familiar huh?

And im looking forward to brawl most.
Satori
I'm looking forward to Smash Bros, Mercury Meltdown, Mario Galaxy, and Starcraft 2 to name a few. Smash Bros will of course kick ass. Mercury Meltdown just sounds pretty cool. I'm always into games along those lines (ie - marble madness, monkey ball, kororinpa.)

moe-d wrote:
I always look forward to the Mario games. They never get old. Also looking forward to a Zelda game for the Wii.

Who doesn't love a good Mario game? They're always fun, and Galaxy looks like it won't disappoint! I agree that it'd be nice to see a Wii exclusive Zelda...it seems like there's so much potential there. But can you believe some people don't like Zelda??

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-81651.html

greatfire wrote:
uhh twilight princess, sound familiar huh?

And im looking forward to brawl most.

Twilight Princess was really meant for the Gamecube and later converted to the Wii I believe. I may be wrong about this...but I think that's what moe-d means. Either way, it's obvious to me that Twilight Princess isn't using the Wii's full potential when you can get basically the same game for Gamecube.
ForceRun
exarkun wrote:
Oh My God! Did you all forget about STARCRAFT II ?

There are regular updates on the progress of the game and each and every one of the new units makes me even when to get my hands on them more.

And there is this Star Wars: Force Unleashed. Look for its trailer on youtube the secret apprentice that Darth Vader was having can single-handlely pulll down and destroy a Star Destroyer from space through the use of force.

Just hope next year arrive faster. All the above two games come out next year.

Nope I don't think anyone is looking forward that far. Starcraft will be very lucky to make it out in 2008 at all. I don't plan on seeing it till 2009, or even 2010. As much as I love Starcraft and Blizzard, they take way too long to release their games!

Star Wars: Force Unleashed looks okay and has some cool features, but the one big downer is it is not coming to the PC. What the hey! Therefore the game is dead to me. I want to see a new X-Wing game with DirectX 10 and all the bells and so on.

ZeroXD wrote:
Although I am looking for to a few of the titles listed above, mainly assasins creed and smash brothers brawl (spore looked very interesting before also, but I'm also mainly just curious about it) the game I'm looking pretty forward to is an MMO (for PC of course) which is called Aion.

It looks completely amazing and i can't wait for it to be released.. but of course there's no solid release date yet...

I'm over MMOs they are all the same, and there are so many of them.

As far as games I was looking forward to:
Medal of Honor: Airborne (Super sweet game with very fun Singleplayer),
BioShock (Scariest game I have ever played, crazy cool game),
World in Conflict (Great singleplayer, and one the best multiplayer I have ever seen),
Company of Heroes: OF (Brings whole new game play to an already sweet game.)

As i now have all these games and playing them in all of their DirectX 10 glory, I'm a happy camper.

And in a day or two I will get Enemy Territory - QUAKE Wars, which from the demo is ready to rock.

And as far as game coming soon (this year), Crysis, SupCom Forged Allanice, Team Fortress 2 (all of the Orange Box!, UT3, and so on. So far this has been a nice year for PC gaming. The only problem I have is finding time to play them all.