FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Printers: Laser versus Inkjet

Studio Madcrow
What kind do YOU have? I have both: the laser for high quality, cheap text and an inkjet for color photos and stuff.
MeddlingMonk
I have a rather out-dated inkjet (a Hewlett-Packard 540 to be accurate) merely because I was given it and it's still working, for the moment. I don't usually need to print an images or anything complex, so it serves its purpose.
ssthanapati
I have an inkjet and a photo printer
Kamo
I have an oldie inkjet printer:
hp deskjet 840c
It's working great for few years now - quality for the printed pages is still good /satisfying.
cybernytrix
I have the crappy Dell 720C that came free with my computer. My advice: don't buy it! For home use I'd rather get a decent inkjet, the office is different though. You need a laser there.
william
I have an HP Color Laserjet that I got for half off. Very Happy It's not the fastest or highest quality laser out there, but it gets the job done. I needed a laser because I print out a LOT of stuff and needed something that was good for text, decent for graphics, and not bad for some photos. It does what it has to, and I'm fine with that. I also have an All in one inkjet printer/scanner/copier that was apparently meant for light photo printing. However, it quit feeding paper after a few months (I got it for free), so now I just use it for scanning. I also had an old Canon inkjet that lasted for six years, and it still works...but in the last few years it's color capabilities diminished. I do hope to get an All in one photo inkjet to handle my media needs. The Laserjet gets all my productive stuff taken care of, but it's no good for media. I'll probably get it from Canon at the same time I get my next desktop.